Kuala Lumpur International AV Show (KLIAV) 2018 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #61 of 75
Some pics for size comparison.

IMG_20180411_191305.jpg

IMG_20180411_191249.jpg

IMG_20180411_191229.jpg

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #63 of 75
N5iiS at $500 is a damn shame especially when N5ii was discontinued so quickly. It garnered a LOT of praise in the King Rudi and Venture Electronics Facebook groups it almost seemed like a go-to recommendation for anyone who wanted something better than their Shanling M1/FiiO X3ii etc. It was a class above with Cayin's sure-footing with tuning and rich audio pedigree. At one time I considered getting the N5ii as a backup to my backup player lol. But now with the price and weight bump all bets are off.

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #64 of 75
N5iiS at $500 is a damn shame especially when N5ii was discontinued so quickly. It garnered a LOT of praise in the King Rudi and Venture Electronics Facebook groups it almost seemed like a go-to recommendation for anyone who wanted something better than their Shanling M1/FiiO X3ii etc. It was a class above with Cayin's sure-footing with tuning and rich audio pedigree. At one time I considered getting the N5ii as a backup to my backup player lol. But now with the price and weight bump all bets are off.
It wasn't just a go to recommendation for people wanting more than an X3ii/M1. It set a new standard for what you could get for 500 or less and outright whopped the FiiO X5iii's and Hidizs AP200's asses :D

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #65 of 75
It wasn't just a go to recommendation for people wanting more than an X3ii/M1. It set a new standard for what you could get for 500 or less and outright whopped the FiiO X5iii's and Hidizs AP200's asses :D
Niceeee

Sep 1, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #66 of 75
+1 great review, style and photos. Really happy to see you have compared flamenco and hybrid quatre new IEMs. I have the flamenco too and really interested by this new concept from jomo. Your return is the same joseph told me. However which one do you prefer between flamenco and quatre.

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #67 of 75
+1 great review, style and photos. Really happy to see you have compared flamenco and hybrid quatre new IEMs. I have the flamenco too and really interested by this new concept from jomo. Your return is the same joseph told me. However which one do you prefer between flamenco and quatre.
Thank you for your kind words. It's not 100% fair to compare them right now as I have only heard one setting/filter from Quatre, whereas after prolonged listening I already have a favourite Flamenco setting (bass up treble down).

As it is Flemenco's attention to detail and resolution is what makes them unique among TOTLs, it's hard to find another IEM that shares a similar philosophy while executing it to near perfection (Flamenco with a bigger stage would do it for me). Quatre is more musical, smoother and easier to listen to, however it might be slightly hard to differentiate it with other TOTLs if it pursues a too easy to like sound. It does sound like a Jomo creation with the house sound intact, but next to Flamenco its intentions seem less clear (other than bring Jomo's first hybrids).

I would love to evaluate Quatre again and give it a fairer chance, however as of now Flamenco is still the undisputed best from Jomo.

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #68 of 75
Thank you for your kind words. It's not 100% fair to compare them right now as I have only heard one setting/filter from Quatre, whereas after prolonged listening I already have a favourite Flamenco setting (bass up treble down).

As it is Flemenco's attention to detail and resolution is what makes them unique among TOTLs, it's hard to find another IEM that shares a similar philosophy while executing it to near perfection (Flamenco with a bigger stage would do it for me). Quatre is more musical, smoother and easier to listen to, however it might be slightly hard to differentiate it with other TOTLs if it pursues a too easy to like sound. It does sound like a Jomo creation with the house sound intact, but next to Flamenco its intentions seem less clear (other than bring Jomo's first hybrids).

I would love to evaluate Quatre again and give it a fairer chance, however as of now Flamenco is still the undisputed best from Jomo.
I listen jomo like you: bass up and treeble down. Like you I found they are fabulous in ear monitor. I have compared them with many flashgrip and now always return to the Flamenco. They are very addictive. With the flamenco it seem you are in the music and not in front of. They are very well balanced with a very credible soundstage. Not as bigger as Fourté or Ldci4 but more real and credible. However I would be happy to try more musical Iems than Flamenco as you said. One more time congrats for you review. I founded it from our French website « tellement nomade » and now some others members have enjoyed it too.

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #70 of 75
I listen jomo like you: bass up and treeble down. Like you I found they are fabulous in ear monitor. I have compared them with many flashgrip and now always return to the Flamenco. They are very addictive. With the flamenco it seem you are in the music and not in front of. They are very well balanced with a very credible soundstage. Not as bigger as Fourté or Ldci4 but more real and credible. However I would be happy to try more musical Iems than Flamenco as you said. One more time congrats for you review. I founded it from our French website « tellement nomade » and now some others members have enjoyed it too.
Thank you again. It is indeed an honour for my writings and ramblings to be mentioned in another leading Headfi forum.

Those Brise Audio cables are so stiff. Just blows my mind.
I love the Brise STR7 Ref. Amazing cable, but I'll never spend USD700+ on a copper cable.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #71 of 75
Thanks man. I'm reeeeeeally hoping having the Legend X would quell whatever feelings I might harbour for the N8.

i am curious as wellbout N8 dap, i love my Ak Se100 alot but always when i read about tube sound I get intrigued

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #73 of 75
Probably the only thread that can reach out to Malaysians lol. This is for you, a CIEM from a fellow countryman. Unknown Custom Quad 2.0, a 4BA value-for-money CIEM with crazy good build quality and a fun sound. Happy reading.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/21468/

Quad-10.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #74 of 75
Probably the only thread that can reach out to Malaysians lol. This is for you, a CIEM from a fellow countryman. Unknown Custom Quad 2.0, a 4BA value-for-money CIEM with crazy good build quality and a fun sound. Happy reading.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/21468/

Quad-10.jpg
Haven't tried these exact iems yet but so far all unknown Custom iems are much too muddy sounding to me.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #75 of 75
Haven't tried these exact iems yet but so far all unknown Custom iems are much too muddy sounding to me.
I agree with you somewhat, Quad is very midbassy and bleeds into the mids. I didn't like the recessed treble either.

He has a new one out, the new 6-driver Juno. It has a much better, clearer treble and adjustable bass. Best tuning of Unknown so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back