KSC75 vs. HD201?
Jul 14, 2005 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jyjjy777

Head-Fier
I have the KSC75s and was wondering how the 201s compare in tonal balance and overall sound quality.
Essentially I'd like to know if the 201s are worth getting as home cans or if the won't be a real improvement over the KSC75s.

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 3
From the seeminly neverending posts about the KSC-75, i do not believe that the HD201's will really be an upgrade from the KSC-75's in overall sound quality. Both are great, cheap headphones which sounds like they should have cost much more, but i believe the KSC-75's to be the better regarding sound quality.

i just got my HD201's on monday, and have been quite impressed with them. i've only given they maybe 20 hours of burn in, but i still think they sound great for the $16 they cost me. i don't own the KSC-75's but have heard them, and if the Senn's seem like they should cost 3x as much, the Koss phones seem like they should cost 4-5x as much, in my opinion of course.

the biggest thing is that the Senn's are closed. they don't isoloate too well, but its enough. i can still hear myself typing at the keyboard faintly if i listen for it ... but they seal you in a heck of a lot more than the clip-on style of the ksc-75's will allow.

but hey, at $16 a pop, i think they're worth a try ... even if you just wanna check them out ... for something different.

i love mine. they haven't dissappointed me. sure, i know there's better, and have heard better ... but i don't put the 201's on and think "wow, these suck" its more like ... "ok, i can get used to this"

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 3
They sound so odd to me. Like very distant, you dont get the full engagement with the sound. It feels like a background noise. Not too comfortable either, because there isn't enough space for your ears to sit in which looks like it in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back