ksc75 questions
May 23, 2005 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Murdoch

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for not-too-bright sub-$30 phones. Am I right in thinking that the ksc75 meet this criterion? They're based on the porta-pro drivers I think, so that suggests to me that they are bassy.

Also, I wear wire-framed glasses. Would there be a comfort problem wearing the phones and glasses at the same time?

May 23, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 13
I have portapros and I just tried them with my glasses. They're fine. Also, you can adjust the pressure of the pads on your ears. Same driver and they sound really good for the price.

May 23, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlonix
yes, they conflict with glasses, but they sound amazing for the price.

OK, but despite the comfort problem, is ist possible to wear both at the same time? I pretty much have to wear my glasses all the time.

May 23, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 13
i just adjust the wire frame of my ksc75s a bit tighter, so it fits beside my glasses fram

i wear both all the time, and it's fine for me (super comfy too, i can wear these for hours without even feeling them)

May 23, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 13
awesome, looks like the ksc75 will work for me then. Thanks!

May 23, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 13
I wear glass and kscs, no problem whatsoever. No need to really adjust either. (I put them on after the glasses)

May 23, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I wear glass and kscs, no problem whatsoever. No need to really adjust either. (I put them on after the glasses)

x2
75s are very balanced IMHO.

Garrett

May 23, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

X3

No problems with glasses, comfortable for short periods

just get em
blink.gif

May 23, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

x4!
tongue.gif

KSC-35's and glasses are fine.

May 23, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 13
x5

The KSC 75's are awesome. The KSC 35's are even better IMO and I've seen several pair for sale on here lately for well under $30. However, their non-adjustable clip may make them less comfortable with glasses. Both also benefit nicely from a 75ohm adapter (although, unless you make it yourself that would push you well beyond the $30 mark).

Are you necessarily looking for a portable? If not, depending on your listening preferences, there may be other option that would work just as well. Especially if you need any isolation (of which the KSC's have none). However, that being said, it's really hard to beat the KSC x5 series for the money.

May 23, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #13 of 13
I had no problems wearing the KSC 75s with glasses. They were very comfortable. Not fitting very well under a cap though
tongue.gif
. I actually thought they were quite bassy, and the bass drowns the mids a bit. Not too much though, and they sounded nice overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back