ksc75 is a giant killer part 2
Jul 8, 2005 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
After a month or more of using the ksc75, i can safely say this is the best cheap portable headphone , only e888 comes close but more expensive. Its best for execrising , shopping , sleeping. Listening to ksc75 doesn't make me miss my home rig at all though its techincally inferior. Its a headphone that works well with ipod and let you forget any superior phones you have except for the top league phones like what ayt999 has and whether its amped or not but it works very well with my go vibe.

Some other cheap phones doesn't compare well against ksc75 imo

the hd201- i heard them and feel they are rather distanced sounding , mids are not that forward , not as clear as ksc75 , less portability because of its longer cord.

the sportapro- it has muddy bass that muffled the vocal

the px100- ksc75 has the edge over it due to my preference of music. i can say ksc75 is more versatile

ath cm3- they are bright and dry , good mids but lacking of bass , ksc75 is more balanced.

e888- haa my long time favourite has finally been overthrown by ksc 75 not quite in terms of sound but ksc 75's better durability adds in the advantage over e888.

For usd$20 , ksc75 is definately no brainer , koss should charge more for this. Try the khramer mod if you want but mod or no mod , amp or no amp , ksc 75 will satisfy you

But my only complaints of the ksc75 is that they leaks.

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai

e888- haa my long time favourite has finally been overthrown by ksc 75 not quite in terms of sound but ksc 75's better durability adds in the advantage over e888.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow, now thats the real shocker.

conversely Ive been wanting to try out an e888...
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
wow, now thats the real shocker.

conversely Ive been wanting to try out an e888...
biggrin.gif

e888's mids are smooth and musical, ksc 75 is more impactful and musical in another way.

its like grado vs sennheiser

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 99
"Big Fish in Small Pond" comes to mind. This is the Siamese Fighting Fish - Beta of the fish world. Yes, a Salmon can gulp this baby down without knowing what it ran into, but bang for the buck nothing's as groovy.

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
e888's mids are smooth and musical, ksc 75 is more impactful and musical in another way.

its like grado vs sennheiser

I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as saying the two are like Grado vs Senn as I feel their sounds aren't too different. Maybe I should A/B them and see if my impressions change.

But definitely, the KSC75 love is contagious.

Garrett, I wouldn't blow the $50+ on E888 unless you're looking specifically for earbuds. I'll let you borrow mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
yes everyone should own a pair!
biggrin.gif

For $15, everyone should have two... speaking of which, I need to order another set.

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as saying the two are like Grado vs Senn as I feel their sounds aren't too different. Maybe I should A/B them and see if my impressions change.

But definitely, the KSC75 love is contagious.

Have you listen to metallica with e888? The call of kthulu sounds very nice with it. MJ sound great too

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #11 of 99
if portapro sounds close to sportapro then imho yes . Because of ksc 75's less bloomy , more natural bass

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #12 of 99
The meijer store in my area has the 75,s marked down to 11 bucks right now. You guys are tempting me. If i didnt allready have Sportapros i would have picked them up allready.

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #13 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
For $15, everyone should have two... speaking of which, I need to order another set.

I do have two pairs.
tongue.gif
Well, I smashed the driver of the first pair, hence the second pair. But now I have a spare set of foam covers if I ever plan to do the 1/4 inch mod.
icon10.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #15 of 99
Man feel the love! I love the KSC 75s too. I've been ampless for a week now, because I had to send my supermacro back to Xin to get fixed. My ER-4s are sitting in the box, So I busted out my 75s and I've been a happy man all week!!! God Koss nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back