KSC75 Headband Mod - Which is Best???
Mar 17, 2006 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
I've searched on this topic and can't seem to find anything really definitive about which cheap headphone has a headband that works well with the KSC75. I'm looking for something that preferably snaps right onto the Koss drivers AND is fairly well made. What have you guys done that doesn't involve glue?
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 30
there was a really nice mod posted a little while ago, where a member actually found a perfect headband that fit kossksc75...try searching...

or you can check out my mod
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
which i know is something youre not looking for...but i just want more ppl to check it out..there wasnt much response to it when i first posted it...

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169244

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 30
That's an interesting street mod, thanks for the link. You're correct though in that it isn't what I'm looking for. I'm really trying to find a headband for the KSC75 that:

1) Is cheap (this negates the PortaPro/SportaPro).
2) Is snap-on. In other words, I just want to be able to pop the earclips off of my KSC75 and snap the headband on - no driver removal.

So far my searches have resulted in nothing. There are a couple of people who've found old, non-descript headphones laying around with headbands that worked. I'm looking for something I can buy cheap to accomplish the same thing. So far no luck.

Mar 17, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
The Portpro2 is only $20, and you can interchange the drivers with the headband!

So it is! I thought that it was around $40. My bad. That being said, are there any other candidates? The PortPro2 has one ugly headband!
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 30
get the portapro, not the portapro 2. imho, it's prettier and it has more functionality too - 3 different head tension settings!

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 30
Prettier in a relative sort of way Jahn, but still nasty.
icon10.gif
Besides, the cheapest price I can find for a new PortaPro is $38 - that's about $30 more than I had in mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any other suggestions? Someone in another KSC75 thread mentioned using the headband from a pair of Koss KTC Pro1's, but they appear to have a "C" bracket instead of the snap connector needed:

B00007056H.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Doesn't look like a drop-in solution to me.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 30
The Sportapro's are ~$20 and are ultra portable and very comfortable. They are what I use. Look for them on sell. I got mine for $12.99 shipped from J&R about 2 weeks ago.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 30
those ktx pro's already have the ksc75 drivers in em. if you bought em you wouldn't need to do any switching, however i had one of those and it is pretty flimsy. if you can get the old black model, it'll last you years. i miss mine so much.......sniff.

edit: woops, ktc* pro's
double edit: no, they are ktx pro's

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum22
those ktx pro's already have the ksc75 drivers in em.

Yeah, but they've got that nasty inline volume control and I wouldn't want to bother with a recable if I can just switch the whole assembly. I was asking about it because Amazon is selling these guys for $13.99.

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum22
those ktx pro's already have the ksc75 drivers in em.

There's some debate about that. According to Koss' website they aren't exactly the same.

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #15 of 30
Bump.

Any other thoughts on this? I purchased a pair of $10 Coby headphones thinking that the headband *might* work, but it was a no-go. So I've exhausted my local resources. I can't find any brand of cheap headphone locally that will work with the KSC75 without extensive modding, if at all. Brands checked so far: Philips, Maganvox/Zenith, Sony, Koss, Coby, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back