KSC50s: Ugly no more!
Jun 8, 2004 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Moses

New Head-Fier
Well, actually they're still kinda ugly, but I do think this is a change for the better.

In a fit of boredom something caught my eye... My KSC50s were laying around, paint rubbing off and one earclip broken from my constant abuse. Under ordinary circumstances I might have put them away and gone back to listening to my new SR60s or E2cs... But no, I had an idea, and nothing was going to stop me. I had to make them prettier.

Now, I present, blue KSC50s!:

blueksc50.jpg

I've always rather disliked the look of these headphones. They looked like big silver things hanging off of my ears. Now, they look like big silver and blue things hanging off of my ears! An improvement, no?

I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the end results, but I'm not that disappointed, either. I would be willing to wear these in public, but I think I'd be unlikely to brag about my workmanship. The spraypaint didn't work as well as I suspect an airbrush or something might have--not enough fine control to get an even coat on such a small target.

I just thought I'd share. Kind of a contrast to all the talk of woody CD3000s and other such things that scare my wallet into hiding.

Cheers!

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Well they were ugly...and now they're ugly in a different way
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree though, they are good phones but i don't wear them in public much
smily_headphones1.gif

Besides when i'm out and about i need isolating phones so i don't really mind anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back