KSC-75's...
Sep 1, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #31 of 47
bump

just got the kc75s... and all i can say is, well, i wasn't surprised when i heard these cans...

because of you guys, i expected them to sound like $100 cans
tongue.gif

damn, they sound great.. my e4cs are unlistentable with my notebook's crappy sound card, i guess it's too demanding. these cans, however, sound pretty good with the notebook's crappy soundcard (although on a good DAP the e4cs sound clearer, at least to me). these cans do sorta remind me of the grados, but i think a bit warmer and less punchy (i like warm though).

i guess the e4cs are too demanding when your DAP isn't great... i stopped listening to music for almost 2 weeks (until i got this) because the sound quality was way too shrill and lifeless without a good DAP.

Sep 1, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by young&wild
Hehe...Call me crazy if you want, I bought my KSC75 from headphonics and paid a hefty aussie retail (AUD$64) for mine.

Where did you buy that? I asked my friend in Melbourne to go look for it and he finally found it in Myer for AU$75
frown.gif

I bought mine for US$30. Yeah, I know its too expensive, but at least I can still find it in Indonesia. (And I bought another one LOL)
biggrin.gif

I found that the KSC75 is easy to break, especially on the hinge. For the sound quality I like it, but I still like my PX100 for the amount of bass it delivers. Maybe I should buy another PX100 before it run out...

Sep 8, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_C_Denton1
Where did you buy that? I asked my friend in Melbourne to go look for it and he finally found it in Myer for AU$75
frown.gif

Headphonic. It is based in Leederville, Perth. You can click here to find out more info about the shop.

Sep 10, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by immortals
How does one bend the metal to get a better fit on these models? Mine don't seem very malleable and they seem to fit a bit looser on the ear than I would like

I just squuezed mine when they were on my ear to fit tighter. No problem, easy to bend to shape just by squeezing the ends together.

Sep 10, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #37 of 47
How do they compare with the Senn HD465? Looking for a portable pair that is about as good as the HD465 or better. Seems like these are the right ones. Gonna go pick some up tomorrow and see for myself.

Sep 10, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldrogers
RadioShack.com has 'em for $12.49 with free shipping in the US. I think I'm going to order a pair right now!

RS has crappier version that comes w/ volume control

Sep 10, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #43 of 47
I really doubt anyone could hear the difference between the volume control completely open and no volume control.

If you're really paranoid, you can open it up, solder the wires together, isolate them with liquid electrical tape and then heatshrink over it. Or, just completely recable the whole thing.

Sep 10, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
I really doubt anyone could hear the difference between the volume control completely open and no volume control.

If you're really paranoid, you can open it up, solder the wires together, isolate them with liquid electrical tape and then heatshrink over it. Or, just completely recable the whole thing.

or buy from amazon. Or price match at circuit city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back