ksc 75 , a giant killer??
May 19, 2005 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
Not exactly but it sound way beyond its 20 dollars price tag , piano sounds very nice and realistic on the koss, it makes me not missing my home rig. A very enjoyable phone achieve a balance btn bass and clarity. It sounds far less muddy than my sportapro. It is one of the very few phones which can make people forget about their more high end phones. Any ksc 75 owners?? Do you agree with me?

May 19, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 39
it is a very badly kept secret that the KSC-35/75 and the porta/sportapros outperform their price points. folks who do a search on them here will find a ton of folks agreeing.

May 19, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
it is a very badly kept secret that the KSC-35/75 and the porta/sportapros outperform their price points. folks who do a search on them here will find a ton of folks agreeing.

haha i knew that , just that when i went jogging earlier , i was listening to a piano track , my reaction was
blink.gif
icon10.gif
, how can a 20 dollar phone can make piano sounds so good, though not as realistic as etymotic , but for $20 bucks???

May 19, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 39
i compare ksc75 to mx500. it's no contest , the koss blow mx500 out of the water. i wonder how well it compares with e888

May 19, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 39
KSC75 + Electric avenue PA2 DESTROYS anything unamped in that price range (except maybe an unamped K240s out of a beefy receiver).

Completely trounce my unamped e2c and MDRV6.

Garrett

May 19, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 39
I've been so impressed with the KSC-75's amped performance compared to my other cans (DT77-80 and HD280 Pro), that I'm seriously on the fence with deciding to sell both of those cans, as well as a couple amps that I have in order to get an SR-71 to really push the Koss' to their full potential, although any CMoy, Pimeta, etc. can do that for alot cheaper, but hey, it gives me an excuse to buy the SR-71. ($400 amp for a $20 headphone-- heresy, you say?)

But then again, paired with my new Pimeta from JMT, it's a helluva combo... and a crapload cheaper than an SR-71!

I haven't found a type of music that doesn't sound good on the KSC-75's - an extremely good bargain, even if they were $75 a pair, they'd still be worth every penny for the sound...

May 19, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I've been so impressed with the KSC-75's amped performance compared to my other cans (DT77-80 and HD280 Pro), that I'm seriously on the fence with deciding to sell both of those cans, as well as a couple amps that I have in order to get an SR-71 to really push the Koss' to their full potential, although any CMoy, Pimeta, etc. can do that for alot cheaper, but hey, it gives me an excuse to buy the SR-71. ($400 amp for a $20 headphone-- heresy, you say?)

But then again, paired with my new Pimeta from JMT, it's a helluva combo... and a crapload cheaper than an SR-71!

I haven't found a type of music that doesn't sound good on the KSC-75's - an extremely good bargain, even if they were $75 a pair, they'd still be worth every penny for the sound...

Hell go for it dood!!

I for one would LOVE to hear a KSC75 out of a high and amp.... put it to the test and see what its capable of. IMHO the SR40/60 and KSC75 are GREAT amp candidates.

May 19, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 39
KSC-35 with 75 ohm adapter to a SR71 is indeed mind blowing. The Ultimate Portable Rig.

May 19, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #9 of 39
anyone owns both ksc 75 and e888 , i want to compare my new fav to my old fav portable phone.

btw the koss make my jogging trip very enjoyable , i listen to rocky theme music ' gonna fly now' and 'eye of the tiger' while jogging and imagine i am jogging around philly.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 39
I have question about them. I know they're clipons, but has anyone tried them when wearing glasses? I know people are having problems with the EX81's and glasses, and I'm wondering if it's a problem with the KC75's as well.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 39
I purchased the KSC-50 today and I found the sound very enjoyable, very clear. Now, I do have a few problems with it, mainly that my right driver coems out of the housing (On the moment I opened the package), but for the rest, mainly happy.

May 19, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 39
No prob with glasses - I wear em both all the time. YMMV (your mileage may vary) tho.

the 75 ohm adapter can be found in a few places -

1)P to S adapter that Ety sells
2)Olbach adapter from meier audio
3)Xin makes his own for sale
4)DIY!

May 19, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
anyone owns both ksc 75 and e888 , i want to compare my new fav to my old fav portable phone.

biggrin.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
Man... youre e888 has been de-throned?
eek.gif
Wow Didn't think I'd see that day!!

Garrett

May 19, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
No prob with glasses - I wear em both all the time. YMMV (your mileage may vary) tho.

the 75 ohm adapter can be found in a few places -

1)P to S adapter that Ety sells
2)Olbach adapter from meier audio
3)Xin makes his own for sale
4)DIY!

#4 !!! DIY!! all the way...

401268_259_full.jpg

Isnt it funny how every Pro- KSC75 rant eventually evolves into the where/how-to adapter discussion.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back