KSC-50 or KSC-55
Aug 17, 2002 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mnemonic

New Head-Fier
Can't get a pair of KSC-35's because of ebay problems on my end, so I'm gonna get either some KSC-50s or 55s. On one hand, the KSC-50's are very portable but the clips are kind of painful/unsecure I hear, on the other the KSC-55's have a secure headband but can't easily be slipped in the pocket like the 50s.

What do the rest of you think?

Aug 17, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by mnemonic
Can't get a pair of KSC-35's because of ebay problems on my end, so I'm gonna get either some KSC-50s or 55s. On one hand, the KSC-50's are very portable but the clips are kind of painful/unsecure I hear, on the other the KSC-55's have a secure headband but can't easily be slipped in the pocket like the 50s.

What do the rest of you think?

Why don't you try mrtibbs@att.net for the 35's ?

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 15
ksc-55s are VERY uncomfortable. Get 35s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 15
I have the 55s, and find them perfectly comfortable. I use them at the gym without any problem. If you can get the 35s, go for those, but otherwise, the 55s are a bit more secure than the 50s.

Aug 18, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 15
So has the answer to the question been posted yet?

People have said that the 55's have a painful band, but the 50s are too loose and don't provide the right sound, and that the ksc-35s are great (which everyone knows).

I think the KSC-35's should be taken out of the discussion until our friend at mrtibbs@att.net can find another source for his stock of 35s, since he's currently out, unless someone else can reccomend a good source?

-nobody020

Aug 18, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 15
I'd say if it has to be between the 50 and 55, definitely get the 50's. I got both at the same time, and the first day I used them, I was trying to gently bend the 50's because they didn't fit my head very well, they snapped like a twig. Instant pile o' junk. I agree with almost everyone else here, get the 35's if possible. If you want I'll buy a pair off of ebay and ship them to you. I've gotten two pair off of ebay in the last two weeks, and the first pair are on their way to Australia.

-Keith

Aug 19, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #14 of 15
I do not recommend the 50's. Aside from their loose fit, the cord is really bad. It is made from a stiff sortacloth that comes apart easily exposing the wires. I reallllllllly hate that.

Aug 19, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
...the cord is really bad. It is made from a stiff sortacloth that comes apart easily exposing the wires. I reallllllllly hate that.

Well, newer KSC-50's now have a regular plastic/vinyl-covered cord; there had been so many complaints to Koss about that "stiff sortacloth" covering. But that improvement still failed to address that other common complaint about the KSC-50's: They're still too loose in their fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back