KSC-35 Clips - How to remove?
Sep 1, 2002 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

waffenschmidt

100+ Head-Fier
Based on all the great comments here about the KSC-35, I ordered a pair off eBay. So far, they seem to be every bit as good as promised.

But . . . the right clip on my pair really bothers the front of my ear. I'm pretty sure the problem is the ridge left from the mold during the forming process. It seems to be more prominent on the right clip than the left one (which doesn't bother me at all). I'd like to remove the clips and sand the ridge off, but I don't want to break anything in the process.

Could somebody who has had these off give me some tips on how to safely remove them?

Sep 2, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 8
No need to remove them ...

Just wrap a little wet and dry around em and mooove til smooove.

cool.gif

Sep 2, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 8
you can actually just pop the clips out of the ksc35. they're just balls in sockets. i discovered this when one popped out after being dropped on concrete. I panicked, but it popped right back in. I'm not exactly sure if this is good for it, but i haven't noticed any problems. If you just sandpaper down the rough spot , you dont really have to remove the clips.

Sep 2, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 8
I figured it out. There are two prongs on the clip that enclose a ball attached to the transducer housing. I pulled up on the curved part of the clip and used an awl to pry one of the prongs out enough to release it from the ball.

A little 220 grit wet & dry took the ridges off quickly, followed by some 400 to smooth things out and a brisk rub with toilet paper to finish. The clips are now smooth and comfortable.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back