KSC-35 (50,55) and glasses
Jul 16, 2002 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Risa

New Head-Fier
Just wondering if those two things come together. I thought about trying KSC-35 as my computer / portable headphones, but only recently I realized that because I am wearing glasses I might be somehow limited.
Are there any issues I should be aware of, or can both coexist quite happily on one head
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Jul 16, 2002 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 22
With glasses, why not use the sporta pro's? Same drivers, headband style?

Jul 16, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 22
I can wear glasses and KSC-35s at the same time, w/ no real problems.

Jul 16, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
I can wear glasses and KSC-35s at the same time, w/ no real problems.

ditto.

Jul 16, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 22
HI: I wear sunglasses and the koss-35. Please dont get the sportapros they are not the same can. Only the koss-35 or portapro are the same drivers and the same sound with the portapro being more bassy.

Jul 17, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I wear sunglasses and the koss-35. Please dont get the sportapros they are not the same can. Only the koss-35 or portapro are the same drivers and the same sound with the portapro being more bassy.

i always thought or atleast thought i read that the ksc35, sportapro and portapro have the same drivers?

Jul 17, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 22
taoster
HI: Read the spects and you will find that the sportapros are different that the 35 or portapro. If I remember right the 35 and portapro are 101 db. at 1 m/w and the sportapro are 103 db at 1 m/w. The spects are different and so is the sound.

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 22
nope, sporta, porta, KSC35 & KSC50 all have same drivers. differences is in how tightly the drivers are held to ear. KSC35 has the ideal position and sounds best; good bass, not too heavy. Portas are second best, bit more bass, but too pricy. Sportas have too much bass, clamped too tightly to ear, and sound thumpy. 50s are farther from ear and so have too little bass.

Get KSC35s. $30 from headphone.com or Koss. They work fine with glasses as you can clip em on the outer edge of your ear, away from where glasses rest. Still a classic; buy now before they vanish from the earth forever...

wink.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 22
HI: If I may sugest that it is better to get the koss-35 from headroom. I got a pair from koss.com and the 35s had a silver (nickel) plug. I just got another koss-35 from headroom today for a friend and the plug was gold plated.

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 22
HI: I just whent to koss.com. the koss-35 and the portapro are 101 db at 1 m/w The sportapro are 103 db at 1 m/w

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 22
i have the ksc-50 at the moment. i think it sounds incredible for its price but i rarely use it because it is so darn uncomfortable. the ksc50 seems to hang too losely on the my ears and it becomes raw and painful very quickly.

for that reason i have reservation on the clip-on and would prefer the sportapro/headband. i have the sony clip-on which i am not too fond of either, in terms of comfort and wear.

porta pro is too exensive compared to the sporta pro imo.. what do you guys think?

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 22
Lou--

different sensitivities do not mean different drivers; just different (and in this case a negligibly different) use of electrical power. Brave Head-fiers in the past have dissected all these phones and discovered the exact same drivers in all the ones mentioned. (The KTX Pro and the UR40 use different drivers though.)

I do agree that the Sporta sounds less good than the KSC35 and the Porta, but this is due to physical configuration of the phones rather than differing drivers. We also agree on the most important thing: buy the KSC35!!
biggrin.gif
My KSC35 is also from Headphone and it has a gold plug. No reason to buy em from Koss at all if they're cheaping out on the plug!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #13 of 22
delenda est Sony
Thank you for that info I thought it would make a difference but I agree with you. I do remember some time ago haveing the sportapro and it didnot sound as good as the 35s or portapro but that was befor I got here and learned a little bit about stuff. To the member that has the 50s. The clip on the 35 are very secure and also very confitable maby the best in class for a ear clip ear phone. I use my 35s almost every nite to listen to a radio talk show for 1 1/2 hours and move about the house and into the back yard and the 35s stay on like glue not to mention that I think they are the best sounding koss can that koss makes. Just my opinion of course. delenda est Sony nice hearing from you its been a while.

Jul 17, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #14 of 22
i think the sportas are the same drivers as the portas and 35's.

MacDEF wrote a msg some time ago saying that he took the drivers out of a pair of sportas and put them into the housing of the 35's (something was wrong with his 35 drivers). They are the same.

I think the db rating of the sportas is different because it has an inline volume control, which is what MacDEF commented on.

Jul 17, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein

MacDEF wrote a msg some time ago saying that he took the drivers out of a pair of sportas and put them into the housing of the 35's (something was wrong with his 35 drivers). They are the same.

HE WHAT?@!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back