KS streaming with an AV710
Feb 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

308med

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Chaintech AV710 and a Gilmore Lite. I've been trying over the past couple days to get kernel streaming to work with foobar but I keep getting this error message

"Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: error opening device"

I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers for the 710 (version 5.12.01.3650) but I think I'm missing something or doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas as to why foobar keeps giving me this error?

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 9
i was having same problems with my AV710. I gave it up and put my SB Live! 5.1 back in.

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 308med /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Chaintech AV710 and a Gilmore Lite. I've been trying over the past couple days to get kernel streaming to work with foobar but I keep getting this error message

"Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: error opening device"

I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers for the 710 (version 5.12.01.3650) but I think I'm missing something or doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas as to why foobar keeps giving me this error?

It definitely works - though I don't use windows anymore so I don't remember exactly which settings/driver. You may have to play with output settings in foobar, try setting the card to 32 bits (or 16 padded to 32).

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 9
Also check the output sampling rate in the control panel. If it's locked to 96Khz (for instance) then anything coming out of foobar2000 that's not that will give you that error.

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 9
Feb 25, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Also check the output sampling rate in the control panel. If it's locked to 96Khz (for instance) then anything coming out of foobar2000 that's not that will give you that error.

I don't want to sound stupid, but I don't think my driver version allows me to do this or I think that there is something wrong with the way it was installed. Whenever I click on "Envy Audio Dock" in the control panel, a window pops up that says "Error: RegQueryValueEx."

Moreover, when I open up Audio Deck from the task bar and uncheck the box that says "Enable High - Sample Rate(966KHz)," foobar still gives me the same error message. Also, changing the output in foobar to 16 bit or 32 bit does not help the problem

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #8 of 9
AFAIK the latest VIA drivers for XP are version 5.12.01.3610.

I would try to fix the error "Error: RegQueryValueEx". This suggests there is a registry problem in the VIA section. Maybe a missing key or some bad security issues.

I would uninstall the drivers and manually clean the registry under
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VIA]
or wherever you think the RegQuery was having problems. Then reinstall the drivers and see if the Envy Audio Dock works properly.

Sorry I can't be more help, my VIA chip is on a M-Audio card.

Feb 28, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks a lot guys, I finally got it to work!
It seems I was never able to fully install/run Audiodeck because of my registry problem. After uninstalling everything and deleting files in the registry, I was able to successfully reinstall and run with KS! Once, again, thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back