Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Oct 12, 2002 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Well Krispy Kreme just open up in CT this week. I could not beleive the lines waiting for these things. I finally got in there and tried them. The glazed ones are awesome. I was handed a warm, one while waiting in line. The other ones are OK. It is pretty cool to see them being made. The line actually went pretty quick. At least I can say I tried them. I only waited about 15minutes.
cool.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 48
<instigator mode ON>

I've always been amazed by the hype over Krispy Kreme. Real doughnuts have some substance, not these "nothing there, hollow shell of sugar" excuses for doughnuts they sell there
wink.gif

If I'm going to eat processed, chain doughnuts, I'll take Dunkin' Donuts over Krispy Kreme any day of the week.

<instigator mode OFF>

biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 48
You know, I was going to post something similar to what MacDEF said, even before I opened this thread. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are way overrated. Dunkin' Donuts (yes, I was going to specifically mention them) are far superior. I read somewhere that Nicole Kidman had a weakness for Krispy Kreme doughnuts, so I had to try them, and I have to say, I'm not impressed. I think the only thing good about them is that they're open late.

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 48
The best donut i ever had was at a coffee stand in Manhattan...those rock.

Oct 12, 2002 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 48
My mouth is watering, but I'll have to swim across the Pacific to get one - just you guys describing them makes me want one.

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:09 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
My mouth is watering, but I'll have to swim across the Pacific to get one - just you guys describing them makes me want one.

Don't listen to these guys, HappymaN.

Krispy Kreme donuts are the best.

There aren't any Krispy Kreme stores in Alaska, I have to go to Seattle or L.A. to get them.
Unless some kindhearted flight attendant brings some up on a morning flight. (I work for an airline.)

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 48
Beware Krispy Kreme. Within microseconds of taking your first bite, you will know what you have put into your mouth was That Which Should Never Be Eaten By A Responsible Person.

Eh, screw it. Krispy Kreme is scary good!

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:14 PM Post #8 of 48
I agree. I used to go to high school right across the street where the main headquarters for Krispy Kreme, In Scranton, PA.
Don't know if they're still there.
Great donut. In New York too many times you get "yesterday's donut" at Duncan Donuts. People rave about the coffee though.

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:29 PM Post #9 of 48
Krispy Kreme's rock the house. The way that they melt in your mouth is just out of this world. Okay, what do I like best about Krispy Kreme donuts? When you take them home, you put them in a ZipLock, and they stay fresh forever. They have the shelf-life of SPAM, unlike Dunkin.

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 48
Go Krispy Kreme! We got our first Krispy Kreme fairly recently about 30 mins from where I live (in Canada, that is) and it's been an absolute hit. I think the lines are still as long as hell. They just seem to MELT in the mouth... Mmmm... I could use some right now.

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 48
I signed up for the NYC Krispy Kreme Birthday club. I have a free dozen doughnuts waiting for me. Since it's probably not safe to eat a dozen by yourself, I guess I'll have to share.
mad.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
I signed up for the NYC Krispy Kreme Birthday club. I have a free dozen doughnuts waiting for me. Since it's probably not safe to eat a dozen by yourself, I guess I'll have to share.
mad.gif

No, no it should be perfectly safe to eat a dozen on your own.

Never share.

Michael

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
They have the shelf-life of SPAM

That kinda worries me. I guess that shell of sugar protects the insides from going bad.

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:18 PM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
[BI've always been amazed by the hype over Krispy Kreme.
[/B]

I agree. A couple years ago when a Krispy Kreme opened in a nearby town all three of the local TV stations were promoting the new store endlessly. I mean three stations, three newscasts a day for almost a week straight. It made me wonder if they were promised free lifetime donuts to promote them to this extent. Very unfair to all the other businesses that come and go and have to pay a premium for airtime. It made me sicker than eating the donuts to see this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back