Currency
USD
Price
post-7640535
Post #1 of 1

hardtimes

Head-Fier
Reaction score
[size=x-small]An excellent Krell SACD player in excellent condition with original box, manual, and remote control.[/size]

[size=x-small]I have been using this with B&W 804s's, a Cary Audio Design SLP-308 vacuum tube pre-amp (also for sale), and a Rotel RB-1080 amp. I'm selling my entire unit because I'm moving to a much smaller apartment and need to downsize.

From the Stereophile review:

"Despite its relatively modest price of $4000, Krell's SACD Standard has absorbed technology and build quality that Krell pioneered in its far more expensive products. The chassis-within-a-chassis design gives a fortress-like solidity designed to provide an ultra-stable, vibration-resistant platform for the Philips SACD transport. ... Through the Krell SACD Standard, good CDs sounded not as good as when upsampled to DSD through the $34,000 dCS stack. ... Krell claims that the SACD Standard offers 'every bit of detail' available on an SACD. After spending some months with it, I tend to agree. Krell claims 'extended bandwidth.' Again, I agree. Krell claims that the Standard is an 'exceptional value.' I more than agree. For $4000, you get an outstanding CD player and a superb-sounding SACD player that has exceptional bass extension, control, and rhythmic surefootedness. The Standard's resolution of detail, dynamics, high-frequency extension, and soundstaging were also notable, and its overall presentation was musically and viscerally exciting without being bright, mechanical, or overly analytical. The Standard is an exciting-sounding, musically compelling player that rocks. Yet it also offers the delicacy, detail, and harmonic purity demanded by classical music. "
[/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]This was $4,000 new; its Audiogon Blue Book value is $1,880. [/size][/size]

[size=x-small]Shipping cost will reflect the actual shipping cost; I will not charge a handling fee.[/size]

I'd prefer a local pick-up; I live in Brooklyn, NY. Prospective buyers can also come and listen to it. I am willing to ship them anywhere in the US; buyer pays for shipping. I'll accept certified check, personal check (once it clears), or PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)