Koss war Hifi
Jun 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #46 of 89
Just ordered pro3aa polls are closed I will post how they sound out of box actually paid like 40$ in all.

Thanks very much

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #47 of 89
Stay away from skullcandy. They sound like something I left in the toilet earlier... well um..

Get some cheaper Shures instead. They sound very good with great isolation.

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #49 of 89
Or if you want to stay with Sony, EX85s are pretty good. Just make sure to get them at a Sony Outlet. They're only $30.

The SK iems are NOT nice. Speaking from experience. Oh, you're selling them...

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #50 of 89
1st the r80 uses 50mm 60ohm driver and is more colored than the portapro and needs more damping because the backwave bouces from the back of the cup and makes it boomy. The r80 has more bottom and less highs than the portapro.

No one mention the A/250 that were a big hit a few years ago.

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #51 of 89
A bit of topic and the OP has already decided.

just wanted to note. on portables under 100$ The Porta Pros are a no brainer. I even liked them than the Senns PX100. But more or personal preference.

OP have you tried the Limited Edition 75 Anniversary Porta Pro's? I find them even better than the origianal may be due to the new cables. Bought one days ago. =)

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #52 of 89
no but maybe I will when I sell my originals and other phones im selling

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #53 of 89
also where did you buy them and for how much

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #54 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by livingweapon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered pro3aa polls are closed I will post how they sound out of box actually paid like 40$ in all.

Congrats on your purchase!

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingweapon
Thanks very much also any 1 wana buy sony earbuds or skullcandy skull crusher

You're welcome, but sales are limited to the FOR SALE forum and only after you have at least 50 posts. So you should delete your offer to sell these.

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #55 of 89
Pro3AA are a little brighter than most Grado's, but not by much. If you run them from a decent portable Like a Zune, it helps smooth out the treble.

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #56 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your purchase!

You're welcome, but sales are limited to the FOR SALE forum and only after you have at least 50 posts. So you should delete your offer to sell these.

I believe the 50 post rule has been recinded. But they do belong in the "for sale" area...

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #57 of 89
This thread is hilarious in a really sad way.... why would you only look at a koss just for the lifetime warranty? Just to let you know, the amount you spent is the price of a tank of gas. If you break your headphones, it's not gonna bankrupt you to replace them. And I assume you have to send them back to koss for the warranty to be fulfilled.... then you go for however long that is without headphones. I'm not saying koss are terrible headphones cause I've never heard any of em, but limiting yourself just because of your previous experience with the brand and the lifetime warranty is not a good decision.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #58 of 89
Koss Pro4AA or AAA. I had a pair of TD65 and they sounded good for what they cost but were very uncomfortable for extended use. I ended up giving them away. I used to really like Pro4AAA though but that was like in '78 and don't know how good they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back