Koss UR-40 vs. SportaPro/PortaPro
Sep 20, 2002 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ultraviolet353

Head-Fier
I just bought the UR-40's. I took the foam pads out as MacDef suggested and I like them. I was wondering how they compare to the Sporta/Porta line. I know they use the same drivers, but each fits differently so I was wondering how they all compare. I also have the 35's which I love. I would say the UR-40'sdon't sound as true as the 35's but they make up for it in a fulller more isolating type of sound. So should I return my Ur-40's and get the sporta/porta's or should I stick with the UR-40's.

One more thing, why are the Sporta Pro's so much cheaper than the Porta Pro's when most people say they are virtually the same?

May 28, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 4
you said you like them. whats the problem. Nothing bothers me more than people coming on forums and see people saying...

"well.. I like my headphones blah blah blah, but what do YOU guys think about them."

If you think your UR40's are good. be happy with your purchase. I mean. I have the UR40's and use them for portability. and i like em.. I have higher end headphones. Sony MDR-V700DJ, and Sennheiser HD570's, HD600. I like each one of them. I use each headphones for different music that I want to listen to. For example. The v700s. yes they might not be that great according to some people on here. but I LIKE THEM. i don't care what people say. If u bought them and u like them, i don't think there is a need to ask people what they think about your specific headphones. As I said before. be happy with your purchase.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by ultraviolet353
One more thing, why are the Sporta Pro's so much cheaper than the Porta Pro's when most people say they are virtually the same?

They're not the same. They clamp your head tighter making the sound more bassy, have inferior construction, but can change from over-the-head style to behind-the-neck style. For 5 buck more from amazon, I recommend the Portapros.

If you already have KSC-35's though I don't think you need either.

May 28, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I have a pair of Koss UR-40s, and personally I think they sound like butthole. KSC-35s pwn them.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back