Koss SportaPros are 12.99 at jr . com
Feb 24, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 41
cool.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 41
hah, i knew you'd really appreciate this deal.

i havent tried the sportapros yet, but own like everything else koss sells with the 60 ohm driver.
i ordered two!

they look pretty good in your pic.
how do they compare with other koss models?

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage
hah, i knew you'd really appreciate this deal.

i havent tried the sportapros yet, but own like everything else koss sells with the 60 ohm driver.
i ordered two!

they look pretty good in your pic.
how do they compare with other koss models?

Compared to the KSC75 they are more bass heavy. Mids are smoother and less aggressive. Treble is gently rolled off, but still present. I did the dremel and socket foam mod, but I don't have a new one to compare it too. Headband can be bent for a custom fit.

Needs amplification. IMHO even more so than the KSC75. Sporta is muddy and conjested under-amped... But not as muddy as a stock KTX Pro1.

I usually leave it in headband mode. Streetstyle mode interferes with my hair, so I only use it when I have short hair.

Sporta has a mute switch at thte "Y", comes in handy and does not degrade sound quality.

Of the 3 porta, sporta, PP2.. Sporta is my fave and offers the best value IMHO.

Garrett

Feb 24, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 41
Crap. I had to buy them.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I hate this site sometimes.
mad.gif
tongue.gif

I am a recent Koss convert. I have been a member of Head-Fi for a little over a year and I have just recently found out about the KSC-75 and KSC-35. I am amazed at how good these inexpensive headphones sound. It kinda makes me a little sick to know how much I have spent on heaphones and then to hear the Koss. I guess I always looked over Koss because I though they were not very good, but boy was I wrong!
eek.gif

Not to take over the thread, but can someone give me a rundown on the rest of the Koss line as compared to the KSC-35 and KSC-75? What's the best Koss out there?

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 41
'35 , SportaPro and PortaPro use the very same drivers , share quite the very same sound ( apart from mmetric positioning over the ears ..) ; they share an easy-on-ear sonic signature : air , nicely warm bass , little dose of impact - and groove .

The Sporta-Pro are the most easy to carry on , very un-noticeable for my head and ears comfort-wise also because I like to wear them on jogging , and they give me the best air feeling while sound's on too. They're foldable .

The Ksc-35 are Sport-Pro on clip , nothing more nothing less , they can be better or worse then 35' depending only on your comfort point and use , the sound is very similar to Sporta-Pro , maybe a millimeter less airy ; they can be clampy (or not, depending on own ears shape and skin sensibility) with the clip ; they are not clampy on my ears ; they weigh on ears where Sporta-Pro weigh or press (very lightly) on head .

The Porta-Pro are the more bulky , more weight , not foldable , same sound , so no brain for me their behind both Sporta-Pro and '35.

The Ksc-75 are not same tier as '35
very_evil_smiley.gif
( sorry for '75 fan club ) less musical , less bass , less groove , more grainy highs , more bulky , and toy-look too.

I find the 35 and Sporta-Pro the more versatile , being lightweight and useful in different situations , and fun sound , "the" head-fi introductory portable headphone everyone should own, and a steal for their price .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back