Koss PortaPro Wireless
Aug 13, 2018 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic
I just wanted to say, I friggin love these. They're an awesome workout headphone. They fit well and don't have any parts that feel like they're bouncing around when I run, even thought the battery is pretty decently sized. They have great bass to keep the beats pumping, but it's not overwhelming, and I can still hear ambient sound enough to bike on roads in relative safety (not recommended, especially for those who aren't naturally aware of their surroundings).

I read some not-so-hot reviews of the wireless version on CNET and The Verge, but I haven't had any problems yet; the connection is more stable than the MEE or Shure BT cables I've tried, and the mic seems to be better quality too.

These have become my go-to for wearing around the house, taking calls, etc. Still trying to decide if they'll replace my SE215 BT for workouts, but they definitely get the nod for my commute on bike/scooter.

Only complaint is that the BT cable isn't replaceable, and they don't come with the same warranty as the standard PP, which I find odd, since they don't have the same potential cable problems as normal cans that are the #1 cause of failure, and probably the most frequent reason for use of the warranty.

Would really have liked to see either MMCX connectors or the lifetime warranty.

I dunno...usually I'm the one being super critical, and some of my most common criticisms (RC, warranty) do apply here, but in the grand scheme of things, taking a classic like the PP and bringing it into 2018 is something that I think Koss should be praised for, especially since the beloved PP sound stays the same. The Verge and CNET have heaped buckets of praise on products that I scoff at; they got it wrong again this time, but in the other direction.

Anyone else out here loving these as much as I do?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back