Koss Portapro Thread
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,261 of 1,309
It makes sense though right... you're sticking two sets of stock foams on a headphone meant for one?

Or do you have stock foams under yaxis on the KTXPro1? That seems like a bad idea unless the yaxis had donut foams.
just Yaxi on Porta Pro. some do prefer stock under Yaxi, worth a try.

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #1,262 of 1,309

I like that headband! My Express (vs stock) headband works well with the PortaPros, but the headphones always pop out of the headband's hole! Gets really frustrating.

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #1,263 of 1,309
My Express (vs stock) headband works well with the PortaPros, but the headphones always pop out of the headband's hole! Gets really frustrating.
I find the KSC75 earclips make the Porta Pro sound the best.

If you're having problems with your PP speakers, either get a new PE headband (a similar version is also on Aliexpress) or ask Koss for replacement speakers under their warranty program. I've never had that problem.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #1,264 of 1,309
I caved in and finally bought the Retrospekt P/21 just for the headband and I love it. It's very comfortable and has not pulled my hair once. Highly recommended to those not liking their OEM or Express headbands. I may get around to posting a picture later, but it really does look identical to @DivineCurrent's above.

Feb 25, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #1,265 of 1,309
I caved in and finally bought the Retrospekt P/21 just for the headband and I love it. It's very comfortable and has not pulled my hair once. Highly recommended to those not liking their OEM or Express headbands. I may get around to posting a picture later, but it really does look identical to @DivineCurrent's above.
I can buy the Koss KPH40 for the same price as that Reteospekt headband and it also includes it. The waiting game is on as it's sold out worldwide. Again. 2nd time.

Feb 25, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #1,266 of 1,309
"end game" cans come and go, porta pro remains.

Feb 25, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #1,268 of 1,309
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #1,270 of 1,309
I heard the headband breaks easily and it's not modular (speakers can't be pulled out and put in another headband).

It should only be called endgame if people don't mind those things as their other models don't have those problems.
So there is this guy on Drop's KPH30i discussion that talks about mounting the KPH30i drivers in a Koss Sporto Pro headband. That kinda leads me to believe they are compatible. He even shared some pictures:

sportokph30i-1.png
11706553.png
sportokph30i-3.png

Attachments

• sportokph30i-2.png
    sportokph30i-2.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #1,271 of 1,309
20220220_023433_remastered.jpg

Here is my reattached KPH30i. A dead KSC75X + broken KPH30i headband = this thing. I made an adapter using TinkerCAD and 3D printed it.

I still prefer the KSC75 sound to the 30i's, but that is my take. I heard that the connection points of the wires close to the driver is weak on most of Koss' products. If someone considers the KSC75s to be endgame, then the KPH30is could be too.

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #1,272 of 1,309
If someone considers the KSC75s to be endgame, then the KPH30is could be too.
Endgame usually hints at the product lasting a long time. I've read countless reports of the 30i headband breaking. That's not endgame, that's dead game. The 30i sounds endgame though.

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #1,273 of 1,309
So there is this guy on Drop's KPH30i discussion that talks about mounting the KPH30i drivers in a Koss Sporto Pro headband. That kinda leads me to believe they are compatible. He even shared some pictures.
My source says the 30i needs to be modified to be used in any way other than it was intended. Not ideal for the average consumer.

Feb 26, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #1,274 of 1,309
Well what the heck, the trend lately is appreciation threads so why not start another one
tongue.gif

I love my Portapro2's! For $20 they have served me well for the last 1 1/2 years, and are very durable for the price... no observable signs of wear. They sound a lot better amped than directly out of a portable, which to me is a sign of a good pair of cans... not high-end, but good. I really enjoy them with music that benefits from warmth and/or a lot of bass. The bass can be a bit much, but for thinly recorded music they're quite good. They can also be EQ'ed down of course, the earpads can be modded, or 75-ohm adapter used.

No flames from people who hate the bass... we all know they are very bassy, no need to harp on this point.

So what do you love about your Portapro(2)s?

P.S. I ordered a pair of replacement earpads from Koss.com for $5.00 shipped. They sent two pair (including the temple pads). Not sure if it was a mistake or standard practice, but very happy with that one
smily_headphones1.gif
Never had a portapro 2s, but my colleague at work has one which made have made me experience the feel. It has a decently balanced sound. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back