Koss Portapro Thread
Nov 9, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #946 of 1,309
  I have a KSC75's on a portapro headband and the results are fantastic. The headband tames the highs and brings out the tight, controlled bass. 

It's too bad more people can't won't or don't experience this 10/10 combo. 

I thought the portas had 75s on them already and the sporta pros had 35s.

I dont even know whats on the 40s, i thought 35s

its a bit confusing :p

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #947 of 1,309
  I thought the portas had 75s on them already and the sporta pros had 35s.

I dont even know whats on the 40s, i thought 35s

its a bit confusing :p

Portapro, Sportapro, KSC 35 have the same non ti coated drivers.

75, ktxpro1, other titanium ones have the same driver.

Big ones like the UR series have bigger drivers. they're not using the tiny drivers in the big enclosures.

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #948 of 1,309
  Portapro, Sportapro, KSC 35 have the same non ti coated drivers.

75, ktxpro1, other titanium ones have the same driver.

Big ones like the UR series have bigger drivers. they're not using the tiny drivers in the big enclosures.

did not knw the 55s use bigger drivers, i think the 40s use 40mm drivers, looks like ksc35s to me... give or take if there are minor diffs

always learning... hmmm i need to revise on all these Koss models

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #949 of 1,309

did not knw the 55s use bigger drivers, i think the 40s use 40mm drivers, looks like ksc35s to me... give or take if there are minor diffs

always learning... hmmm i need to revise on all these Koss models

ah, sorry man, i didn't mean to speak for all UR series. But I do know a few have larger drivers, as do the Pro line... I bought a Pro4AAA which had much larger titanium coated drivers but i returned it since one side was quieter than the other and I liked the KTXPRO1's sound more..

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #950 of 1,309

ah, sorry man, i didn't mean to speak for all UR series. But I do know a few have larger drivers, as do the Pro line... I bought a Pro4AAA which had much larger titanium coated drivers but i returned it since one side was quieter than the other and I liked the KTXPRO1's sound more..

yea oops the ksc75 is 45mm. So I guess the porta, sporta, ur40 also 45mm

still cant find on the dj100, i don't think they are 50. Though that would be cool

biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #951 of 1,309

yea oops the ksc75 is 45mm. So I guess the porta, sporta, ur40 also 45mm

still cant find on the dj100, i don't think they are 50. Though that would be cool

biggrin.gif

Doesn't seem like it...

https://audiblebond.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/a-sub-80-close-4/

that looks like small driver, big enclosure to me!

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #952 of 1,309

Doesn't seem like it...

https://audiblebond.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/a-sub-80-close-4/

that looks like small driver, big enclosure to me!

As long as its 45mm. It would be odd if it was smaller than the 75s. I like em better anyway, they are quite bassy with amping. Not the best, but i like em very much for vocals.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #953 of 1,309
The Porta Pro limited editions seem to be available now: https://www.koss.com/pple

As far as I have read, the only difference apart from the colors are microphone / volume control with the cable and an included hard case. They claim that these will be "very limited" quantities. I wonder what the actual number is.

Seems there is a discount code as well: Use code PPLE25 for 25% off.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #955 of 1,309
  I must have 150 hours or so of burn in on a new pair of PP's. They sound so good!

Yup these things sound good just in general.

Like people say that they are good for the price which is true but I think they are good in general as a pair of cans , I am not really an audiophile just enjoy decent SQ on headphones and these are just perfect.

You give them to the normal earbud user and their mind is blown.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #956 of 1,309
I've ordered the black & gold ones! Funny thing is, I just bought my first pair of PortaPro's about 2 weeks ago, not the limited edition of course since that wasn't available... but not crazy about the look of the standard ones... 

Quote:
  The Porta Pro limited editions seem to be available now: https://www.koss.com/pple

As far as I have read, the only difference apart from the colors are microphone / volume control with the cable and an included hard case. They claim that these will be "very limited" quantities. I wonder what the actual number is.

Seems there is a discount code as well: Use code PPLE25 for 25% off.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #960 of 1,309
Sorry for the bump but this store has the best pads I have ever used, hands down, for Portapro/KTXPRO1/similar size Kosses. I have both their pads which are the thickest and softest and the cushion pleathers which is just awesome.

http://stores.ebay.com/Headphone-Accessories-International?_dmd=1&_nkw=porta+pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back