Koss KTX Pro 1s
Aug 31, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #16 of 29
Hey Hokiefritz, thanks for taking the time to share your impression on the new Koss KTX Pro 1s with me. I was very anxious to see what other people thought about these, since I was so excited about them. I am finding myself listening to them more and more, at the expense of all of my more expensive headphones (see my signature), almost to my dismay, in part because they are so comfortable and easy to put on and relaxing to listen to.

I had been thinking to myself that the bass on these seems like it goes lower than on the KSC 35s, it looks like you think so too. And it is rock solid and punchy bass, it will punch you right in the nose.
eek.gif

My wife thought they looked pretty cool compared to my other phones, but yes, they do look flimsy and light and plasticky, but they have..... THE KSC-35 DRIVERS.
wink.gif

I agree, for $20 these are awesome, and FUN!!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #17 of 29
HI: I gave the pro 1s a 75 hour brakein and then a/b them to my koss portapros for 3 or 4 hours with lots of different music and found that the portapros sounded way better in many ways like bigger sound stage, bigger all around sound and more acurate sound and even more conftable. So I gave the pro 1s to a friend of mine. Its seems real hard to beat the portapros or koss-35s at anywhere near the money that they cost and both are super conftable and very portable. This is just my opinion and prefrence.
PS
If you check the specs at koss web site the pro 1 are the same specs as the spotrapros 103 db at 1 m/w. The portapros and 35s are 100 db at 1 m/w. The specs are on the pro 1 package. So I dont think that the drivers on the pro 1 are the same as the koss-35 or portapro but are the sportapro drivers.

Sep 1, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 29
I thought the KSC 35 drivers were the same as the ones on the KSC 50/55 and sportapros and that the portapro had better drivers. Or am I wrong for all this time....

Sep 1, 2002 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 29
MadDog5145
HI: The koss-35 and the portapro have the same drivers. I dont know about the 50 or 55. The sportapro has different specs than the portapro or 35s. Go to koss web site and read the specs on the sportapro and then the portapro. One is 103 db m/w the other is 100 db m/w

Sep 1, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 29
They all use the same drivers. Differences in specs of 1 or 2 dB are negligible, and are more than likely due to 1) measurement variation; 2) the different designs of the headphones and how they affect the dB due to distance from the ear/measuring device; or 3) Koss's marketing department not wanting people to think that all their headphones use the same driver
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2002 at 7:03 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
They all use the same drivers. Differences in specs of 1 or 2 dB are negligible, and are more than likely due to 1) measurement variation; 2) the different designs of the headphones and how they affect the dB due to distance from the ear/measuring device; or 3) Koss's marketing department not wanting people to think that all their headphones use the same driver
wink.gif

I"ve also seen the different specs on the Porta and Sporta models.

Regarding 1) The difference is actually 3 dB, which is quite audible at least for me. This is what you gain by doubling the power of you amp. 2) should also be irrelevant since the sensitivity should be measuresd with standard coupling.
I guess 3) is the right answer, since it is also my belief that these are indeed identical drivers.

Oct 30, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #24 of 29
I purchased the KTP 50s about two weeks ago. I thought that they sounded very good, however they were killing my ears.

After several modification, I still could not get them to feel any better.

Then I saw this thread about the KTXPRO1's. So I thought that I would at least try them out.

Well they are really great. For $20 I don't see how you can complain at all. They seem a little boomy on bass, however they are pretty comfortable and great for me at work.

I use them with Fixup's Super Mini amp and they sound great. Heck they even sound pretty good plugged straight into the cd player.

I don't think that anybody will be throwing their money away by purchasing these phones.

Happy Listening...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2002 at 5:02 PM Post #25 of 29
Koss just replied to my order (which used the coupon code for PortPros at $25 each) with a note that, until Jan. 15, they have this further special offer:

Two for One offer on Koss' new KTXPRO 1 Stereophone: Purchase this new ultra-light, portable stereophone with Titanium element and receive a second KTXPRO 1 FREE! Get a jump on holiday shopping.

To take advantage of this great offer:
1. Click the link below
2. Add the KTXPRO1 to your cart
3. Enter coupon code 1029s at check out

At this price, it looks like I will have to try them out!!

!!Seems a good time to buy some backups if you already know that you like the KTX PRO 1s!!

Dec 27, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #26 of 29
Even though the last post in this topic is over a year old, I figured I'd give it a healthy bump since I just got these. $20 at Circuit City.

I was looking for some entry-level phones and saw that the Koss KCS-35 was one of the best price-performance values out there, according to a lot of people here. I was disappointed to find that they were discontinued, but I read the KCS-50 were very similar to the 35's in build, and despite reading of some issues with fit and comfort, I got them. I was very disappointed, especially since I took the pads off at the recommendation of someone here. They *did* sound better, but they were just way too loose and uncomfortable on my head. And the bad news is that it's nigh-impossible to take off those pads without damaging them since they're clamped in by some kind of sharp spikes, so a return was out of the question (only about $20, not that big of a deal).

So anyway, I decided to give these a try and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, which might not be that big of a deal since my previous outdoor phones were Sony Street Style (yeah, I know). I'm far from an audiophile, but they sound well balanced, not too tinny or muddy, very comfortable, and definitely worth $20. I was surprised to find that most of the entry-level Koss phones were so good considering they're sitting among some real overpriced crap in your Best Buys and Circuit Cities and what have you.

This thread is what got me to consider them
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back