Koss-ktx pro 1
Aug 28, 2002 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
First of all these things are really nice looking. They are all silver with a purple rebber headband rubber insert under the headband. The headband is black. It says titanium element for deep bass. Lifetime warranty. The cans seem smaller than the portapros or ksc-35s but are the same size drivers but have a tighter pads on them that makes them seem smaller. The headband is very conftible and stays on ears very lighly but firm enough to stay put with no pressure on ears. Right out of box they sound great and with out any breakin I like these better than my portapros or ksc-35s so far. Specs are 15-25000 hz-60 ohms-Sensitivity 103 db spl/1 m/w-Distortion less than 0.2%- Cord 4 ft. with in line volume controll. Cost 20.00. Bought at borders book store and borders would have sent them to me by mail if I wanted them to with credit card. These are open with holes on the out side on the backs. I never thought that I would get a better can for the money than the koss-35s or portapros but these sound I think better than them and for less money. We need more reviews on these to get other opinions and please compair them to the koss-35s and koss portapros. I think that these are killer value and confort and great sounding. I am now breaking them in for 50 then 100 hours
PS
MacDEF Please buy these and post your opinion on them. I really need to hear what you have to say about these for I know you like the 35s and portapros and you just might really like these cans. I value your opinion and if so inclined hit them with your power amps to see if they can take it.
PPS
I am useing the cmoy 2-9volt amp with these.
ppps
These have the same specs as the SPORTAPRO except for the titanium element. Could these be sportapros drivers and not the drivers of the 35s or portapros? Someone help please. MacDEF where are you?

Aug 28, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 4
I have been a/b the pro1 and the portapros for hours. In all fairness the pro 1 are not broke in yet. The music I used was neil young down by the river and cow girl in the sand and karen carpender many songs. The pro 1 are I think the sportapro drivers and the portapros just sound a lot bigger with a bigger sound stage and can listen for a longer time with no fatige. The pro 1 are thinner sounding and more fatigeing after a while. I wanted to really like the pro 1 but the portapros just have it all over them in the long run. The pro 1 are good cans for the 20.00 and at first can compete with the portapros. It was real close at first but after a few hours of a/b the portapros just ran away with there incredable sound, sound stage, and just ate the pro 1 up. Now this is just my opinion and hope to see more post on the pro 1 compaired to the portapro or koss-35s. Sorry if I misled anyone with the pro 1.

Aug 29, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey LTUCCI, I don't have portpros but I hvae the KSc 35s and the new KTX Pro 1s. the KTX Pro 1s to me have their own sound, and a very nice sound that competes with the KSC 35s. My KTX Pro 1s are burning in, the highs open up as they burn in. The thing about the KTX Pro 1s is that you can slip them just a little back on your ears and the sound really opens up. They have the titanium driver (look on the side of the headband, it says titanium). I find them fascinating and super-comfortable. Maybe in the end they can't compete with the KSC 35s, I just can't make up my mid on that. But it's great to have those drivers on a super-light and comfortable headband. Maybe I should get some portapros and compare. I have a/b'd the 35s. If you slide the pro 1s back on your ears they start to sound like the 35s. I would love to see more opinions on this also, I'm not too confident in my opinion, but I do think the new KTX Pro 1s are very intersesting and worth the $20 and a contender. I wear them much more than my KSC 35s simply because I can just pop the headband on in a nanosecond.

Aug 29, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Steve999
HI: I also has trouble deceiding about the sound difference between the pro 1 and the portapro which pop on and off very easy also. But after many hours of a/b the portapros won out. You can get the portapros for 25.00 with a discount somewhere. I wish you would get the portapro so you could also a/b them. I think the pro 1 are the sportapros. Check the specks at koss.com on the sportapros and then on the portapros and see that the pro 1 has the sportapros specs. They are a good buy at 20.00 but if you have the portapros I think that they are better sounding with a better sound stage. We need more post from other members on this for I feel confused also about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back