Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 10, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #1,277 of 1,437
PXL_20210110_025318290.jpg

Here's my KSC75 with parts express headband, yaxi pads, and a single side 3.5mm dongle(lol) detachable cable mod. In hindsight I should have heat shrinked the 3.5mm jack on to the lower part of the headband. Very convenient this way.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,278 of 1,437
By the way I got some new pads for my ksc75 from here, they are big and thick but not quite as large as the yaxi judging by the pics. I think I will buy another set and do the coin mod with them just so less foam thus less friction which might make them a little less prone to getting hot or itchy, but they are pretty good as they are.
Good to hear about new foam pad options! Does the sound change when you use these pads? Is that why you want to do the coin mod to them, so you can open up the treble?

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #1,279 of 1,437
Just ordered a pair. Should I replace the earpads? Or do they sound fine with the stock pads?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #1,280 of 1,437
I was just searching for ear pads and found the Yamaha RH1C, which looks like the Koss portables. Has anyone tried them? I'm probably going to order some new KSC75's and some ear pads for my old ones. Is there something similar to the Yaxi pads that is a little cheaper?

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,282 of 1,437
I should have looked around a little for the Yaxi's. Is there a sound improvement if used with the stock clips?
I found the sound improved with Yaxis and stock clips. I've got them on a PE headband now, but for while I used the clips and preferred it over stock pads. Slight sound improvement, and comfort improvement, though more so with PE headband.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #1,283 of 1,437
Good to hear about new foam pad options! Does the sound change when you use these pads? Is that why you want to do the coin mod to them, so you can open up the treble?
Hey, soz late reply, I haven't logged in here in a while. What I would say it they sound ever so slightly different, maybe a tad warmer which is a good thing because the ksc75 are very bright. No, I only wish to do the coin mid so there is less foam touching my ears, as foam can get quite warm after a while and I'm personally a bit overly sensitive to that than most.

Mar 26, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #1,284 of 1,437
Just ordered a pair. Should I replace the earpads? Or do they sound fine with the stock pads?
Personally, I prefer the stock pads. The Yaxis pads are comfortable but a little thicker/denser and muffle the sound a bit. Also if you get two colors (like blue & red for L & R) don't let them rest touching or the colors will bleed into each other. I use a pair on my KPH30i phones.

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_011916947.jpg
    IMG_20210326_011916947.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #1,285 of 1,437
Just had to come back and talk about the fragileness of Parts Express headband.

This is my second one and I've lost the black beads located at the end of the metal band on both. Just now, I broke the remaining tab near the top of the black plastic. Now the metal band cannot properly grasp onto the plastic and I have to use some tape as a hacky workaround.

Can't believe there isn't a better alternative to the Parts Express headband after all these years! And before you ask, I don't like the Porta Pro or Sporta Pro headbands as they are too bulky.

Attachments

• parts-express-.jpg
    parts-express-.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #1,286 of 1,437
Just had to come back and talk about the fragileness of Parts Express headband.

This is my second one and I've lost the black beads located at the end of the metal band on both. Just now, I broke the remaining tab near the top of the black plastic. Now the metal band cannot properly grasp onto the plastic and I have to use some tape as a hacky workaround.

Can't believe there isn't a better alternative to the Parts Express headband after all these years! And before you ask, I don't like the Porta Pro or Sporta Pro headbands as they are too bulky.

Parts Express recently changed the headband. I liked the older version more.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #1,287 of 1,437

I agree. But I'm also thankful that at least the PE headband exists for us!

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,288 of 1,437
Apparently, the headband on the new Koss P/21 headphone works on the '75s.

I've attached a pic I found on Reddit. Looks neat, but not sure I want to spend $30 just for the headband :)

Attachments

• p21.jpg
    p21.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #1,289 of 1,437
Also on Reddit, I found a comparison between all of the budget Koss variants with graphs. Big props to HF user, @MRSallee!

https://imgur.com/gallery/q63UNWE

Worth a read. I was really interested in the UR40, but after looking at the graphs and reading his analysis, there might not be a point. He also notes that when you move the Porta Pro onto the KSC75 clips, that there isn't much of a difference between the 75s and the PPs.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,290 of 1,437
Also on Reddit, I found a comparison between all of the budget Koss variants with graphs. Big props to HF user, @MRSallee!

https://imgur.com/gallery/q63UNWE

Worth a read. I was really interested in the UR40, but after looking at the graphs and reading his analysis, there might not be a point. He also notes that when you move the Porta Pro onto the KSC75 clips, that there isn't much of a difference between the 75s and the PPs.

I definitely hear more warmth/bass and less brightness on the sportapro/partsexpress combo than with the ksc75/partsexpress combo, so I find that to be surprising!

Edit: I should point out that that is with the stock pads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back