Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Oct 24, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #1,246 of 1,437
^^ Oh well, at least the PE is available in my part of the world at all.

My Sporta Pro arrived this morning. I find the headband isn't as bulky as they looked in youtube reviews so I will stick with it for a while. I like the fact the unit is completely jet black. I don't like loud garish colours on stuff I wear in public. They don't look as 'cheap' as the c75 either. The foam pads are a lot softer than on the c75 but as a result seem to completely disintegrate at any attempt to remove them, in fact they were torn out of the box where they cling to the back of the driver. Oh well. The cable does't look like it will last long but I've one with an in-line remote at the ready. Oh and the comfort foam blocks above the driver do seem to work well in terms of comfort and keeping the headband feel secure.

They are much less bright than the c75 I find and stronger bass but still with the same general sound sig. Maybe the soundstage isn't quite as wide either but I've only been listening for a few minutes yet. They need to be broken in I feel as maybe they are a bit too warm.

Oct 24, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #1,248 of 1,437
Might be worth a punt.
These are the 2 variations I have. Got them years ago, so have no clue where I got them from.
Variations.jpg

This is the picture from the box from the ebay.uk seller.
boxpic.jpg

Oh sorry, didn't see this post of yours earlier. I have seen the one with the circular stem on ebay I think but it was actually more expensive than the PE one iirc. Not by much. I think I might go for that one next time as it looks better somehow.

Oct 25, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,249 of 1,437
For other europeans watching this thread looking for the headbands, I'm fairly sure it's being sold on amazon here under the "Hama Basic4Music headphones". Here's a link to them on amazon.nl
Hama Basic4music amazon.nl

I've also seen them on amazon France, UK and Germany. Prices and availability seem to vary a lot, so shop around. The top review on the German amazon says he bought it for the KSC75 and includes a screenshot with them modded, which is why I'm pretty sure these are just rebrands of the headbands mentioned in the thread.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #1,250 of 1,437
^^ Oh well, at least the PE is available in my part of the world at all.

My Sporta Pro arrived this morning. I find the headband isn't as bulky as they looked in youtube reviews so I will stick with it for a while. I like the fact the unit is completely jet black. I don't like loud garish colours on stuff I wear in public. They don't look as 'cheap' as the c75 either. The foam pads are a lot softer than on the c75 but as a result seem to completely disintegrate at any attempt to remove them, in fact they were torn out of the box where they cling to the back of the driver. Oh well. The cable does't look like it will last long but I've one with an in-line remote at the ready. Oh and the comfort foam blocks above the driver do seem to work well in terms of comfort and keeping the headband feel secure.

They are much less bright than the c75 I find and stronger bass but still with the same general sound sig. Maybe the soundstage isn't quite as wide either but I've only been listening for a few minutes yet. They need to be broken in I feel as maybe they are a bit too warm.

The sportapro drivers on the PE headband is great (less force against the ears lessens the bass/warmth).

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #1,251 of 1,437
The sportapro drivers on the PE headband is great (less force against the ears lessens the bass/warmth).

I have been using them with the original headband for the last couple of days and I'm delighted with them. I was thinking to mod them but I will leave them are they are. I never for a second considered in what way they are good for sport but now I realise it is that they don't budge which I think is great for sporting activities as I have found out. I found they seemed a little too tight to begin with but got used to the feeling fairly quickly. So that's a nice surprise as I do a lot of sports and now don't need another headband for the time being.

I find the sound of the sprota pro a bit more sophisticated than the ksc75, not to diminish the great sound of the 75. I actually tend to like a brighter sound but I dig the SP sound sig as well. I think it's better for vocals and jazzy stuff where the 75 I'd prefer it for classical/scores/electronic.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,257 of 1,437
I find the sound of the sprota pro a bit more sophisticated than the ksc75, not to diminish the great sound of the 75. I actually tend to like a brighter sound but I dig the SP sound sig as well. I think it's better for vocals and jazzy stuff where the 75 I'd prefer it for classical/scores/electronic.

Does the Sporta Pro sound different/better than the Porta Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back