Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Oct 13, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #1,232 of 1,437
Just got these and can't stop listening the whole day!
This is probably the best bargain in the audio industry, much much better than the MH755s or Blons. The details are unbelievable and much better than other 200$ IEMs I have heard, and though the treble may be too much sometimes, it doesn't have sibilance. The Mids are perfect, very emotional and clean but not thin. Bass maybe a bit recessed but it is there when called. Wow!

To those who have heard the HD600, do they have better mids than this?

The only con is that the wire connection to the drivers seems a bit fragile. Might look for someone who can mod this to MMCX in the future.

Oct 13, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,233 of 1,437
This is probably the best bargain in the audio industry, much much better than the MH755s or Blons. The details are unbelievable and much better than other 200$ IEMs I have heard, and though the treble may be too much sometimes, it doesn't have sibilance. The Mids are perfect, very emotional and clean but not thin. Bass maybe a bit recessed but it is there when called. Wow!

The only con is that the wire connection to the drivers seems a bit fragile. Might look for someone who can mod this to MMCX in the future.
Welcome to the fan club!. Been listening to these for decades.

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #1,234 of 1,437
....Might look for someone who can mod this to MMCX in the future.

Mod it yourself, you may appreciate it more...........head band, MMCX mod or recable with https://tinyurl.com/yyjskklr , spatial gasket ( 13:52/36:40 https://tinyurl.com/y3y4t58m ) and Senn HD414/Yaxi pads.
Whatever you plan are all in this Post.... https://tinyurl.com/y4refqms

NB. With due respect to Kramer and his mod, I prefer not to start drilling/cutting bits out of the drivers, I prefer stock.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #1,235 of 1,437

Same! I started auditioning the KSC75 yesterday...can't stop listening to 'em! I keep being astounded by its low end. For something that just sits on your ears, they have bass a-plenty! I wish I tried the KSC75 earlier in my audio journey.

Oct 21, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,237 of 1,437
Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm a fan of the Yaxi pads in combination with the Koss KSC75s, and of course the PE Headband (which we flog around the globe - thanks in part to some very helpful participants of this very thread). We've been in touch with Yaxi and have the opportunity of adding their PortaPro pads to the store. I'm trying to figure out the whether it's worth it or not - with the Parts Express headband it was more clear, because of PE's monstrous shipping costs outside the US, but Yaxi are a little more sensible.

You can get them on Amazon in the UK for £9.80 and if you spend over £20 you get free delivery. We'd be able to sell for £9-ish (and ship to UK, EU, US etc ..) and have cheaper standard delivery, but it's all a little marginal. Obviously, it's good if you're buying the headband you can pick up some Yaxi pads at the same time - that works.

I'd be interested if anyone's got any thoughts on this. Has anyone had difficulty getting hold of them in their country? Are there any colours (or colors) that any self-respecting head-fi type wouldn't touch with a barge pole (or 10ft pole)? Trivial questions like this spring to mind as well as the more philosophical, like ... is it worth it? Are there better options out there?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
C.

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #1,239 of 1,437
Yes, I'm aware they're expensive but so is pretty much everything else in relation to how much the KSC-75s cost. That's more a reflection of what a bargain the Koss headphones are. Yaxi pads have quite a large customer base, so people buy them. If you buy direct from Japan it's $10 + $10 shipping for a single pair.
Cheapest price (!! look away now) on UK eBay: https://v.gd/XEEFc5

I've had mine for at least a couple of years and they're a nice improvement. But yes, I do get your point - they are expensive for a bit of foam.

C.

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,240 of 1,437
Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm a fan of the Yaxi pads in combination with the Koss KSC75s, and of course the PE Headband (which we flog around the globe - thanks in part to some very helpful participants of this very thread). We've been in touch with Yaxi and have the opportunity of adding their PortaPro pads to the store. I'm trying to figure out the whether it's worth it or not - with the Parts Express headband it was more clear, because of PE's monstrous shipping costs outside the US, but Yaxi are a little more sensible.

You can get them on Amazon in the UK for £9.80 and if you spend over £20 you get free delivery. We'd be able to sell for £9-ish (and ship to UK, EU, US etc ..) and have cheaper standard delivery, but it's all a little marginal. Obviously, it's good if you're buying the headband you can pick up some Yaxi pads at the same time - that works.

I'd be interested if anyone's got any thoughts on this. Has anyone had difficulty getting hold of them in their country? Are there any colours (or colors) that any self-respecting head-fi type wouldn't touch with a barge pole (or 10ft pole)? Trivial questions like this spring to mind as well as the more philosophical, like ... is it worth it? Are there better options out there?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
C.

Pretty hard to get the Yaxis here in my neck of the woods. From their official webstore, it's like you said, $10 + $10 USD for a pair. In the end I had to get them from Amazon, mostly because I wanted to get a few other stuff from Amazon as well so it made more sense. That being said, it'd be nice if people could get them locally, wherever they are. As for colors, I like the red & blue the most. The yellow ain't bad either. But, the orange is kinda meh, imho. I haven't seen the orange in person yet though, so there's that.

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #1,241 of 1,437
I bought a pair of these recently along with some cheapo replacement cables for some of my other headphones, because why not?

I knew they'd sound decent after reading and watching so many glowing reviews online, and they're still better than I expected.

I've been head-to-heading them against my other headphones all day. Don't get me wrong, they still don't have much of a soundstage compared to, like, my HD6XX, but they're still WAY better than they have any right to be for this price. I don't think they're going to replace anything for daily use, but I think I'm going to mod the crap out of them and turn them into my dedicated travel pair.

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,242 of 1,437
I just ordered 5 pairs of Yaxi pads directly from Yaxi, Japan. US$39.99 & free shipping. I have 3 sets of KSC75, so that works out fine for me.
At $8 (or $13.33), I think that rounds up the cost of each headset (KSC75 + headband+ yaxi) to around $30 to $40. Still a bargain value headset, IMHO!

EDIT (28 Oct):
Received via Fedex. Packed in a sturdy cardboard box.
yaxi.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,243 of 1,437
I finally got around to ordering a PE headband. What an upgrade! Wish I did this a year sooner. I use them everyday now as they are so much more convenient to put on for a start not to mention much more comfortable. I wasn't expecting so much of an overall improvement. Highly recommend to ditch the clips!

Now, did you know that the PE foams fit on the KSC75! And it is way more comfortable to my ears, as the stock foams for me were itchy. Now for the first time ever I have a pair of on-ears which I can actually wear for a long time. The sound is better too with the snugger fit and blocks out more ambient noise I find.

Question: Can anyone in UK/Ireland tell me if they know if this s a fit for the KSC75? It is half the price of the PE one! I asked the seller and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about which isn't a good sign.

edit: I have a sporta pro on the way which I why I need a second headband. Looking forward to getting those too. Hopefully the sound sig is somewhat different but of equally high quality. Some have said they are a bit warmer which I think I'd actually like.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #1,244 of 1,437
Question: Can anyone in UK/Ireland tell me if they know if this s a fit for the KSC75? It is half the price of the PE one! I asked the seller and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about which isn't a good sign.
Might be worth a punt.
These are the 2 variations I have. Got them years ago, so have no clue where I got them from.
Variations.jpg

This is the picture from the box from the ebay.uk seller.
boxpic.jpg

Oct 24, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #1,245 of 1,437
I finally got around to ordering a PE headband. What an upgrade! Wish I did this a year sooner. I use them everyday now as they are so much more convenient to put on for a start not to mention much more comfortable. I wasn't expecting so much of an overall improvement. Highly recommend to ditch the clips!

Now, did you know that the PE foams fit on the KSC75! And it is way more comfortable to my ears, as the stock foams for me were itchy. Now for the first time ever I have a pair of on-ears which I can actually wear for a long time. The sound is better too with the snugger fit and blocks out more ambient noise I find.

edit: I have a sporta pro on the way which I why I need a second headband. Looking forward to getting those too. Hopefully the sound sig is somewhat different but of equally high quality. Some have said they are a bit warmer which I think I'd actually like.
See this post on this thread. The Sound Lab was one in a long line of candidates that people were talking about and that ultimately made me so frustrated I started importing the PE headband from the states. Perhaps it's changed over time, but if you go back in this thread to 2015 you'll see endless posts where people were auditioning possible PE replacement candidates: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kos...-all-the-hidden-gem-hype.638757/post-11480209

That way no one has to bother with "is this the right Soundlab Lightweight Stereo Headphones With Orange Pads?"

C.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back