Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jul 20, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #661 of 1,437
I prefer the straight plug because it fits in my iphone case. I use a mophie case. It makes the headphone jack recessed. Yes it is annoying, but I've been spoiled by the porta pros and my phonak's (as well as the extra battery life from the case), and this was a draw when I looked into the ksc75. Also for my wife's phone and case. It's nice to not have to remove the bottom part of the case frequently to watch a quick video etc. I realize I'm asking a lot from a cheap set of headphones but DETAILS! That's why we're here, ain't it?

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #662 of 1,437
I prefer the straight plug because it fits in my iphone case. I use a mophie case. It makes the headphone jack recessed. Yes it is annoying, but I've been spoiled by the porta pros and my phonak's (as well as the extra battery life from the case), and this was a draw when I looked into the ksc75. Also for my wife's phone and case. It's nice to not have to remove the bottom part of the case frequently to watch a quick video etc. I realize I'm asking a lot from a cheap set of headphones but DETAILS! That's why we're here, ain't it?

You can just buy an extension with straight plug for a few dollars:

http://www.scansound.com/index.php/audio-accessories/audio-extension-cables/audio-extension-cable-10cm.html

I bought several pair of short extension cables when I bought an iphone a couple of years ago, and they cost me next to nothing. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #663 of 1,437
You are absolutely correct, but I am asking specifically if there is a way to buy the ksc75 knowing that it is the straight plug version. Anybody know this? I am sure I am not the only person who will benefit from this. I have bought and broke and lost several of those flimsy extenders. Now that my wife is involved, losing them is even more probable.

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #664 of 1,437
You are absolutely correct, but I am asking specifically if there is a way to buy the ksc75 knowing that it is the straight plug version. Anybody know this? I am sure I am not the only person who will benefit from this. I have bought and broke and lost several of those flimsy extenders. Now that my wife is involved, losing them is even more probable.

Jesus, dude, the answer is no. The KSC75 has an L plug. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #666 of 1,437
  Haha, I definitely will. Even though I like them, It's almost disappointing in a way. Disappointing in the fact that I found them this late, after spending so much money already and now seeing what is possible from a $15 purchase. 

Great post.

The problem is, head fi forum members aren't satisfied with end game: which is sound quality. 

Instead, they want to brag about how expensive their headphones are, or how much time they spent modding them, or somehow convincing themselves that headphone cups have to be made from birchwood and dipped in JD liqeur and handmade in an attic in a suburb of cleveland in order to have the best sound quality.

Some forum members have somehow even convinced themselves that microsd cards with more than 64 gb capacity have inferior sound quality. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #667 of 1,437
  Great post.

The problem is, head fi forum members aren't satisfied with end game: which is sound quality. 

Instead, they want to brag about how expensive their headphones are, or how much time they spent modding them, or somehow convincing themselves that headphone cups have to be made from birchwood and dipped in JD liqeur and handmade in an attic in a suburb of cleveland in order to have the best sound quality.

Some forum members have somehow even convinced themselves that microsd cards with more than 64 gb capacity have inferior sound quality. 

Good on ya Mate, Don't believe the hype!

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #668 of 1,437
Just last week I got my biDecade order in for four more pairs. I get about two years out of them before the drivers start to rattle, or the cord becomes very brittle.

B&H, four pairs cost me $49. free shipping and no tax.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #669 of 1,437
I just read the first page reviews: the 75's are comparable to PS500's ($600)--actually the reviewer PREFERS the 75's, and others prefer the 75's to other headphones at $300 or less. 

What an extraordinary engineering feat for Koss!

Strangely, this thread gets very little discussion, with so many head fi members preferring to spend many hundreds of dollars extra without any improvement in sound quality. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #671 of 1,437

The straight plugs are the older version about 2007-10. After that it's back to the L plugs. KTXPros are straight plugs.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #672 of 1,437
To be honest, the KSC75 sounding so good if a big reason I sold my Sennheiser HD650 and Alessandro MS1.

In the X5 thread,  some forum members are recommending the Senn 600's at around $300. Well, without the requisite external amp. 

How do I break it to them that the KSC75 + headband + $25 Fiio E6 $50 combo sounds better than their $400/$500/$600/$800 setups?

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #673 of 1,437
  In the X5 thread,  some forum members are recommending the Senn 600's at around $300. Well, without the requisite external amp. 

How do I break it to them that the KSC75 + headband + $25 Fiio E6 $50 combo sounds better than their $400/$500/$600/$800 setups?

You don't. Down that road lie a suit of tar and feathers.

Heresy is alive and well in the headphone community
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #674 of 1,437
I'll go out on a limb and say that, initially, the porta pros were and are confusingly similar to my hd600's however after long listening sessions and about a year with both, I'll say the 600's do a better job for me overall, but I have had plenty of great sessions with just the sportapros, and portapros coming from my stereo with some Frank Sinatra or Classical lp's. Beautiful. Love hearing strings with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back