Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #631 of 1,437
  I thought the same thing.  All of the hundreds close to thousands of dollars I have spent on headphones and the KSC75 is one of my favorites of all time.

But, not trying the rest would have left you wondering what else is out there.

Though, I agree.  One can spend just $15 and be truly happy with how they sound.  

Time to sell some gear 
basshead.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #633 of 1,437
Having just spent a good while on a fruitless search (I'm in the UK) for the necessary headband to go with the KSC75s I thought it might make sense to import the headband only and sell them to people like me in the UK who don't want the hit and miss offerings currently available (see previous posts in this thread). It would seem an obvious thing to do, to import the headband only and perhaps even sell them (optionally) with the KSC75 to get the price even lower.

I'm not too bothered about money -- it just seems clear, when looking at the Parts Express site and their Amazon.com product page that everyone buys the Parts Express / A070Bs for the KSC75 mod.

What I'd like to do is contact the company that makes them -- presumably in China and see if they're interested in just shipping the headband.

Then sell either directly or via eBay or Amazon.co.uk, as "Parts Express headband for KSC75 mod". That way no one has to bother with "is this the right Soundlab Lightweight Stereo Headphones With Orange Pads? " I'd even happily pay Parts Express a small per unit license fee to use their name. I've contacted them directly, but in the meantime I was interested in whether people here thought this was a stupid idea, and whether anyone knew who actually makes them.

First post here, been reading on and off, mainly when I'm in the market for headphones, and since researching the Koss Porta Pro and Koss KSC75s etc .. I bumped into the headband issue and it seems silly that no one on either Amazon UK or eBay is aware of the real desire to own these various crappy A070Bs etc...

So does anyone know which company actually manufactures these masterpieces?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

C.

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #634 of 1,437
  Having just spent a good while on a fruitless search (I'm in the UK) for the necessary headband to go with the KSC75s I thought it might make sense to import the headband only and sell them to people like me in the UK who don't want the hit and miss offerings currently available (see previous posts in this thread). It would seem an obvious thing to do, to import the headband only and perhaps even sell them (optionally) with the KSC75 to get the price even lower.

I'm not too bothered about money -- it just seems clear, when looking at the Parts Express site and their Amazon.com product page that everyone buys the Parts Express / A070Bs for the KSC75 mod.

What I'd like to do is contact the company that makes them -- presumably in China and see if they're interested in just shipping the headband.

Then sell either directly or via eBay or Amazon.co.uk, as "Parts Express headband for KSC75 mod". That way no one has to bother with "is this the right Soundlab Lightweight Stereo Headphones With Orange Pads? " I'd even happily pay Parts Express a small per unit license fee to use their name. I've contacted them directly, but in the meantime I was interested in whether people here thought this was a stupid idea, and whether anyone knew who actually makes them.

First post here, been reading on and off, mainly when I'm in the market for headphones, and since researching the Koss Porta Pro and Koss KSC75s etc .. I bumped into the headband issue and it seems silly that no one on either Amazon UK or eBay is aware of the real desire to own these various crappy A070Bs etc...

So does anyone know which company actually manufactures these masterpieces?

Thanks,

C.

Good luck. If you were doing it for Canadian purchasers, I'd be demanding that you get it done lol!

Coincidentally, I just received an email today from Parts Express mentioning their "new economy shipping option". But, the shipping for the $1.99 headphones is still showing up at $30 to get to me in Canada. I did an online chat with them and they said that if the economy shipping option doesn't show up in the checkout, then it doesn't apply to that product. Grrrr! I need to replace my broken headband.

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #635 of 1,437
Yeah. How is it that you can buy stuff on eBay from China for £1 and get free shipping? It's crazy.
Parts Express just wrote to me, so I've put my proposal to them and we'll see if it looks feasible. Who knows, perhaps I'll go global (minus the US). 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quick question to all, are there any parts of the Parts Express headphone package, outside of the headband itself, that people keep?

C.

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #636 of 1,437
  Yeah. How is it that you can buy stuff on eBay from China for £1 and get free shipping? It's crazy.
Parts Express just wrote to me, so I've put my proposal to them and we'll see if it looks feasible. Who knows, perhaps I'll go global (minus the US). 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quick question to all, are there any parts of the Parts Express headphone package, outside of the headband itself, that people keep?

C.

If the package included a twist tie, I may have kept that 
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #637 of 1,437

C.

It does come with an adapter too.  Though, not sure if many people need them.  I have about 10 laying around I have no use for.

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #638 of 1,437
Yeah, that's what I thought. So pretty much everything outside of the headband itself is redundant. As you say, the kind of people who will want to mod their KSC75s already have plenty of adapters hanging around. I'm looking at 5 to my right. Thanks for the replies. Good to know.

C.

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #639 of 1,437
Interesting. Need to get some more figures, but this may be do-able. More as an interesting project than any kind of great business opportunity. Looks like international may not be a problem either. Depending on shipping rates from Parts Express (which I'm waiting on), waynes world in Canada may be in luck.

I've wanted to setup an online retail outlet for a little while and this may turn out to be a useful trial product.

Help required, if possible:
  1. To any one whose purchased these Parts Express headphones, do they come in any kind of packaging? Or are are they loose, bubble wrapped?
  2. If anyone's got any scales and a pair of the headbands handy -- how much do they weigh -- headband only (grams or ounces, not fussy)?

Any help greatly appreciated!

C.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #641 of 1,437
  • If anyone's got any scales and a pair of the headbands handy -- how much do they weigh -- headband only (grams or ounces, not fussy)?

Be aware that anyone with accurate scales sensitive enough to weigh these is probably high, dealing, and damn tricky by nature.

I have the headband but no scales. The headband weighs aprox. sweet F.A. If you get it shipped or if you despatch it then possibly the bubble wrap and padded envelope will weigh as much. According to their website the full parts express package weighs less than 100 grammes. Remove the earpieces, packaging and cable and what is left? Maybe 20 or 30 grammes at a guess. Or less.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #642 of 1,437
@julian67. Yeah, it wasn't clear to me whether that was the item weight or the packaged weight.
You're right of course, from a customer perspective, but where this makes a difference is when you're importing in bulk from the US to the UK.

That's why ideally I'd like Parts Express to ship me just the headband.

@BloodyPenguin. I'd seen that video - it's useful and if this thing goes through I'd like to link to it.

Thanks,

C.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #643 of 1,437
Be aware that anyone with accurate scales sensitive enough to weigh these is probably high, dealing, and damn tricky by nature.

Lol!

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #644 of 1,437
If anyone has the "Parts Express Mini Stereo Lightweight Headphones with 4 ft. Cord" I'm trying to figure if the headband (only) will fit into the UK postage "large letter" format (see below). Since, if not the postage cost jumps up considerably. With all the various shipping, duty, clearance fees, selling fees, credit cards fees and on and on, it starts to make these things prohibitively expensive.

I'm trying to make sure I can do a single item price at least the same, hopefully less (including shipping) as Parts Express sell them in the US on Amazon: Price: "$1.99 + $5.95 shipping".

So, if anyone has these headbands and a tape measure, I'd really appreciate it if they could let me know if they'd fit into a package with the following dimensions:

1. Max length: 35.3cm
  2. Max width: 25cm
  3. Max thickness: 2.5cm

It's the thickness I'm worried about. 1 inch isn't much, i.e. where the headband connects to the driver.

The other thing I'm thinking, is if people wanted the whole headphone, perhaps it might be possible to remove the drivers and lay them flat. Would that also fit into the dimensions above?

Supplying a simple demand shouldn't be this tricky.

Cheers, and thanks to all who've helped out already. 

C.

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #645 of 1,437

Just the headband alone will fit in the dimensions given but don't you need to add some bubble wrap for protection? These are fragile.
The whole package with the drivers will not fit because they're attached to the headband. Removing the drivers will mean opening the package and it will fit in the dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back