Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 27, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #1,291 of 1,299

ColdsnapBry

100+ Head-Fier
Has any madlad put a ZMF co-pilot over the KSC75 w/ parts express headband. I'm putting my KSC75 w/ band over my Aeolus and they look about the same dimensions. I can't test right now as my co pilot is waiting to be mailed to me from the US, so it will be a month + until I can test.

Something about the metal touching the top of my head bugs me. It's like biting down on aluminum. I do not know why, but it just feels.. weird..

Apr 28, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,293 of 1,299

ezzony

100+ Head-Fier
I definitely hear more warmth/bass and less brightness on the sportapro/partsexpress combo than with the ksc75/partsexpress combo, so I find that to be surprising!

Edit: I should point out that that is with the stock pads.
Yes I ageee. I'm using both for a good while now. I use the ksc75 for movie scores, classical, EDM (cuz better soundstage) and the sportapro more for pop, male voices particulary, etc. Quite a difference, both very good in their own way.

May 19, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #1,294 of 1,299

SkySilent

Previously known as yamahahonda
Has anyone here tried the KSC75 + Parts Express headband + Sennheiser HD414 pads combo? While I'm waiting for the headphones and the headband to arrive, I'm thinking of getting myself some aftermarket pads because I have quite large ears and I think I won't find the stock pads comfortable (judging by my previous experience with on-ears).

I know that those HD414 pads fit the KSC75/Porta Pros just fine, but I haven't found much reviews about this combo. It seems that Yaxi pads are recommended as the best aftermarket pads for KSC75 and PortaPro but, unfortunately, I can't find them for a good price in my country or Europe. If I would buy them directly from Yaxi, two pairs would cost me ~25 Eur + VAT + additional taxes from my post office/customs (total cost would be ~38 € I think).

Whereas I can get HD414 pads for ~10 € / pair shipped directly from Sennheiser DE to my country.

How are these HD414 pads compared to Yaxi? I am mainly interested in comfort, durability and sound differences (compared to stock sound).

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,295 of 1,299

ezzony

100+ Head-Fier
Fun fact - the parts express foam pads fit on the ksc75. I like them because they don't make my skin itch like a lot of foam pads do.
They are a bit tricky to put on because they are very thin and they could easily rip but I managed it okay.
If you were stuck it would be useful to know this.

On a more serious point - I don't think pads make much difference to the sound on these. If they do it's very minor. It's really more about comfort than any better/worse sound quality.

I have seen the Sennheizer pads on alliexpress the other day for about 6 euro I think. Sometimes stuff from China doesn't take forever to europe. I just got a case for my phone that arrived in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,296 of 1,299

peskypesky

1000+ Head-Fier
I was at DollarTree the other day and noticed they have really nice-looking headphones for $5. They look like Beats...but obviously are probably going to sound like crap...

But I wondered if maybe it might make sense to buy a set and put some KSC-75's in them.

I've done the PartsExpress headband mod twice, but the headphones still remain flimsy and prone to being damaged.

Has anyone else put the KSC75's in a more robust headphone recently?

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #1,298 of 1,299

djray

100+ Head-Fier
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,299 of 1,299

ezzony

100+ Head-Fier
I was at DollarTree the other day and noticed they have really nice-looking headphones for $5. They look like Beats...but obviously are probably going to sound like crap...

But I wondered if maybe it might make sense to buy a set and put some KSC-75's in them.

I've done the PartsExpress headband mod twice, but the headphones still remain flimsy and prone to being damaged.

Has anyone else put the KSC75's in a more robust headphone recently?

Yes. Would you belive the Sennheiser HD650. I don't know if you are familiar with this headphone design but the driver has a push and click in system that holds the drivers in place. The KSC75 fits into the Senns housing perfectly and it's easy to do. Don't ask me why I did this, maybe I happend to have the HD650 dismantled for some reason and though I'd try to see what the koss would be like in an open can. Anyway, wasn't very good. I think the problem is that because the KSC75 is not a physically big driver (in depth) so it won't sound good unless it's close to your ear! That's my theory anyway. In any case driver housing makes a huge difference to what you get in general.

I have a pair of Sony HDR-1r I never use which are very comforable and a very nice design generally. I have a feeling they would work in those. I'll try it one day I'm bored enough to do the job. The Sony driver isn't bad but I think the koss is better.

But I guess your're thinking of some relatively inexpensive unit you could transplant them into. I haven't heard of anyone doing that sucessfully.

You know you can get the porta pro headband from alli express in various colours. They cost about €17. I wish they had the sportapor headband because that would be a better choice I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread