Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 16, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #890 of 1,437
Sorta, but the housing is slightly different, with a different color too.

The KTXPRO1 enclosure on the frame (look up photos) dramatically changes the sound. It's like a pressurized chamber that builds up the sound and shoots it back at you. haha. (Whereas the KSC75 and Porta Pro float in the air more.) This is most noticeable when there's strong impact in the recording, like feeling drums hitting against your head.

To be cear, you are referring to the cup with the grill that the element snaps into?

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #894 of 1,437
  Where can we buy thinner foam covers for the 75's? I heard Radio Shack sells them but that's a USA company and I'm in Canada.

The Source is the local counterpart in Canada I have not looked in a while but they used to have them.

May 19, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #898 of 1,437
Recabling the Koss is straightforward because they are easy to disassemble and not too fiddly to work with. They would be the ideal project for someone attempting their first recable.
The silver cable really opens out the sound, improving clarity and tightening the bass.
They also respond well to a headphone amp.

May 25, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #899 of 1,437
Hey all, just got my KSC75 and doing a frequency sweep. Does anyone hear a huge null between 3k and 4k? It's rather narrow in frequency but the dip is pretty significant. Wondering if it is normal or if my pair is defective. Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back