Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Apr 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #32 of 1,437
Damn you all! and my wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

My KSC-75's broke and I was happily living fine without them (for a few months actually). Now I just ordered a Sporta Pro and KSC-75 after reading this thread
mad.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #33 of 1,437
Some months ago I did put some ksc75 drivers onto some porta pro´s headband I had laying around and the fit is perfect

No I wonder if the yuin g1a/g2a drivers can fit click into place on the porta pro headband

anyone with both sets ever tried this ?

edit: seems it does fit.. look here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/493685/sold-clip-8gb-8gb-usd-gary-pa2v2-yuin-g1a

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #34 of 1,437
I am very pleased with the sportapro's. They're a tremendous bargain at $20. Sound quality is significantly better than the jvc harx700's I've used for a couple of months, and those are a good set of headphones in their own right. 

I also picked up the fiio E6, which has a good synergy with both the jvc's and my sportapro's. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #36 of 1,437
Quote:
I liked the sportapro's so much, I immediately placed an order for a pair of portapro's as well. I'll let you know if I notice any differences. 

Might as well grab hold of the 75's too:) They can be had for 11 bucks online if you look hard.

I will be interested to hear your comparison.

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 1,437
I just got a pair of koss ksc75s after reading about them all over this forum. my other headphones are akg k430s and it is a totally different experience! the ksc75s just sound more "organic" if that makes sense. so much awesome clarity! the high frequencies are never harsh to me and the bass is super tight. I love these things!

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #38 of 1,437
Quote:
Might as well grab hold of the 75's too:) They can be had for 11 bucks online if you look hard.

I will be interested to hear your comparison.

Well, I probably asked about a half dozen times about which headphone band would reduce the treble response of the ksc75's. I never got a response, so it's a maybe for now.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #39 of 1,437
Quote:
Well, I probably asked about a half dozen times about which headphone band would reduce the treble response of the ksc75's. I never got a response, so it's a maybe for now.

I don't understand... reduce the treble response? I am somewhat sensitive to bright high's, but I never have had an issue with the ksc75's treble after some good burn in. Mine are on the parts express headband fwiw.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #40 of 1,437
A number of reviews I've read about the ksc75's claim these are 'baby grado's' with a bit of exaggerated treble. If this is true, I want the headband I use to reduce the treble a bit. 

How many hours of burn in do these require?

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #41 of 1,437
Quote:
A number of reviews I've read about the ksc75's claim these are 'baby grado's' with a bit of exaggerated treble. If this is true, I want the headband I use to reduce the treble a bit. 

How many hours of burn in do these require?

Ouch, given that I've never met a Grado I liked, I'd have to disagree with that analysis.

With the Sporta Pro Headband I find them extremely well balanced.

Not  a believer in burn in so no comment there.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #42 of 1,437
The treble is very nice. Not grado like or exaggerated at all. Can't remember how much burn in was required, or really if it was required. Not much if any. You can't lose with these - trust me.

May 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #43 of 1,437
I got my porta-pros. There is A LOT of bass. I did a quick search and found info on the 'quarter mod.' IMO, it does in fact, open up the high frequencies, balancing out the big bad bass sound signature. Very nice if you like a bit more bass than average. 

May 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #44 of 1,437
The KSC35s were my first taste of good headphones 15 years ago. The KSC-75s don't sound as good but they are a lot more durable and cost a lot less.

Despite so many thousands I've dropped on this hobby, nothing will ever blow me away as much as my first taste of the KSC35s... They are still my primary workout phones.

May 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #45 of 1,437
Quote:
I got my porta-pros. There is A LOT of bass. I did a quick search and found info on the 'quarter mod.' IMO, it does in fact, open up the high frequencies, balancing out the big bad bass sound signature. Very nice if you like a bit more bass than average. 

Yes the quarter mod tames a lot out of them You have to remember these came out in 1985 (jeez it's been that long since I bought my first pair
eek.gif
) when the hairband was king and Cerwin Vague speakers were mopping up the market. That goes a long way to explaining the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back