Koss KSC75's a year or so later
Aug 1, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #31 of 54
I order extras whenever I have the urge to mod up a pair. It's a fun mod, and they sound so amazing. One of my favorite discoveries of all time.

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm lucky. My Alessandros sound enough like the KSC75 that I can live with the loss a little easier.

One of the things that may have prompted the theft was the sneaky habit I'd gotten into of setting my sound card to mono and wearing just the side that the wife couldn't see so that she thought I was listening to her talk about her TV shows when I was really listening to my tunes.

It worked for a while.

Naughty!

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the things that may have prompted the theft was the sneaky habit I'd gotten into of setting my sound card to mono and wearing just the side that the wife couldn't see so that she thought I was listening to her talk about her TV shows when I was really listening to my tunes.

It worked for a while.

tongue.gif
LOL

The strange thing about women is their ability to thin down the amount of information, so that things that could be handled in one simple statement are stretched into a 10 min speech full of "on the the one hand...nevertheless...I'm not sure if..." - and it's always about trivial things like TV shows or the neighbour's new clothes
rolleyes.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif
LOL

The strange thing about women is their ability to thin down the amount of information, so that things that could be handled in one simple statement are stretched into a 10 min speech full of "on the the one hand...nevertheless...I'm not sure if..." - and it's always about trivial things like TV shows or the neighbour's new clothes
rolleyes.gif

....or the thing that always trips me up: The neverending stream of the trivial punctuated somewhere in the middle with something actually important but presented as though it were still a part of the trivial so that I miss it, and I end up mumbling approval cause I didn't actually hear it.

Gets me every time.
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnoLobster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, just recabled my second pair for ksc75's with 650 cable.

That would be one heavy ksc-75
blink.gif
Wouldn't the mod makes the clips puts extra pressure on your ears? Isn't the clips irritating enough :p

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by tek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be one heavy ksc-75
blink.gif
Wouldn't the mod makes the clips puts extra pressure on your ears? Isn't the clips irritating enough :p

While I don't fully understand what's being said here, I echo the sentiment. I hope you put a headband on that thing.

But seriously, those things just beg for a recable.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #37 of 54
I blew the driver in my first pair of KSC-75, which was totally stock. I was sad
frown.gif

I went to purchase an AV-710 soundcard from DirectCanada.com, and found KSC-75 for $16 CDN. I did the Kramer mod on Monday (first time, kind of sloppy) but WOW! I love these things even more. I am going to buy a Sportapro just for the headband now. I like this modded version a LOT, and I have spare parts should I need them with my broken pair
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks head-fi for this tip. I never would have considered Koss without this website.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #38 of 54
Two weeks with the KSC-75 now and loving them more and more .... Music, gaming, they are great for the $$$ .... Listening to them straight out of my laptop, which is so convenient that they are getting more head time than my DT-990/250 ... go figure ...

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #39 of 54
After much perusing on these forums I ended up purchasing both the SR-60s and KSC75s. While I consider the SR-60s to be the better phones all around (and certainly able to handle more bass when desired), the sharp highs of the KSC75s have given me the desire to find the perfect mix. Two lengthy threads here later, I'm about to pick up a pair of SR-325is. If the 325is are all that I'm hoping, I'll have found my headphone sweet spot.

So, not only are the KSC75s a perfect portable option, but their amazing highs have led me to what will most likely be exactly the sound that I've been waiting for. I love 'em.
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #40 of 54
confused.gif
I always found the KSC75 a bit thinnish in the upper register...

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #42 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
I always found the KSC75 a bit thinnish in the upper register...

Scoff! Didn't you understand that this thread is for hopeless, fanboy-ish adulation only?!

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scoff! Didn't you understand that this thread is for hopeless, fanboy-ish adulation only?!

Sherwood,

Your avatar and the post count of 666 go very well together!
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sherwood,

Your avatar and the post count of 666 go very well together!
biggrin.gif

Cool...scary!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back