koss ksc75 + sony d-ne330 pcdp = crazy delicious (and cheap!)
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eiii

New Head-Fier
until recently i did all my listening at home, but i wanted to take the show on the road. my pricepoint was simple- cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif

new sony d-ne 330 pcdp (15mw=15mw) from wal-mart. $45.
koss ksc75 from CC. $20

cheap hi-fi on the sly. priceless.

really, i can't believe the sound quality at this pricepoint. crisp sound, alive, full, and balanced. maybe a tad harsh, but for <$70 it is quite unbelievable.

thanks all for the heads up on these great products. it is nice to know one doesn't have to spend a fortune to get great sound.

eiii

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 4

skudmunky

Headphoneus Supremus
Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet! I felt the same way after purchasing my portaPros, but it wasn't enough.
tongue.gif

Next you'll want a CMoy or MINT/PINT to make the KSC75 sound better, than you'll want some nice comfy circumaural headphones, then you'll want better sound... And it will just go downhill from there.

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 4

eiii

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet! I felt the same way after purchasing my portaPros, but it wasn't enough.
tongue.gif

Next you'll want a CMoy or MINT/PINT to make the KSC75 sound better, than you'll want some nice comfy circumaural headphones, then you'll want better sound... And it will just go downhill from there.

yes, this place can make me want to experience all that i don't have. fortunately i am aware the grass isn't always greener and i can appreciate what i have.
smily_headphones1.gif

eiii

Users who are viewing this thread