KOSS KSC75 @ RadioShack $5.47usd !!!
Nov 4, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #31 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by nv88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up a couple of pairs on my way home. $5.47 each. The salesmen said the type of price tag (yellow background) usually indicated an item that was being closed out. One salesman guessed they would sell these out and then carry a different model (or another headphone) in their place. I'm not convinced these guys really knew what they were talking about though. They still had three pairs left.

Guy at my store said the same thing. Now I'm I overpaid for these. Think I'll try to get refunded and buy the last pair that I negated on.

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #32 of 184
Well, Saturday I saw this thread and went out looking for my cheap KSC75s around town... I was there when the store #1 opened on Sunday morning. Store #1 had the clearance price marked at $8.50 (or so). However, both packages were sitting in the window with sun beating down on them and the packages were hot to the touch. Pass.

Store #2 and Store #3, price listed at "clearance" $19.99. I didn't ask about the discount and just figured I'd either visit a fourth store or head back to Store #1 tomorrow for the $8.50 deal.... maybe prices are different by region?

Ok, so on Monday, I drive across town to one last store to check for the $5.47 deal. Bingo! They had three pairs, but the packaging was a bit beat up. I bought one pair at Store #4 (Yes, there are this many easily accessible Radio Shacks in my area).

Finally, on the way home I stopped by Store #3, again. Price still marked at $19.99. With my receipt from Store #4 in hand, I asked if the price on the shelf was correct. He scans the KSC75... and the price comes back at $12.47(!). What the heck? So, I show him the receipt. He checks the compute database and tells that they're supposed to be clearance at $12.47 and they've never been marked down to $5.47. He calls over to store #4, which confirms their computer database shows $5.47... He said there shouldn't be a discrepancy between stores and that moreover $5.47 is below cost on the item. With my receipt in hand, he gave me the $5.47 deal.

I don't really need more than two pairs, but I might hit up the remaining stores with my receipt in hand to stock up for x-mas or for more happy modding. We'll see. I've worked retail in the past and it is very odd for multiple stores in the same region to have such dramatically different pricing. I'm just glad I found one store with the cheap price.
happy_face1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 184
hopefully there will be stocks left when I get there. I'd buy all my money can buy ahhaha

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #34 of 184
Weird...
I checked online, they are not listed anywhere on the site. I'll just have to call around tomorrow and see who has what, and for what. I'm thinking stocking stuffers. If I had known this, I would have kept the iGrados and given the girlfriend a pair of these.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #38 of 184
I just picked up all 3 pairs my local store had in stock for $5.47 each with tax it came to about 6 bucks a piece. These are my first ksc 75 even though I had experience with other koss 60 ohm models(portapro and ksc55 and alot of optimus rebrands). I feel the ksc75's have a lighter bass feel than those that pushes the drivers closer to the ear like the ksc55. I'm gonna head out to another radioshack to get 2 more pairs later.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #39 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up all 3 pairs my local store had in stock for $5.47 each with tax it came to about 6 bucks a piece. These are my first ksc 75 even though I had experience with other koss 60 ohm models(portapro and ksc55 and alot of optimus rebrands). I feel the ksc75's have a lighter bass feel than those that pushes the drivers closer to the ear like the ksc55. I'm gonna head out to another radioshack to get 2 more pairs later.

Care to sell me one?

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #41 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just went to my local Radio Shack and they have 12 left for around 6.47. That is a great deal for these.

buymesome!!!!
frown.gif

I need to make a trip down the boarder this weekend and go radioshack hunting.

Border guy: " did you buy anything?"
me: "yes"
Boarder guy: "total value of items?"
me: "244.72"
Boarder guy: "what did you buy?"
me: "around 50 pairs of cheap phones"
Boarder guy: "open the trunk, get out of the car, lie down on the floor, face down and spread your cheeks!"
me: " what the..."

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #42 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buymesome!!!!
frown.gif

I need to make a trip down the boarder this weekend and go radioshack hunting.

Border guy: " did you buy anything?"
me: "yes"
Boarder guy: "total value of items?"
me: "244.72"
Boarder guy: "what did you buy?"
me: "around 50 pairs of cheap phones"
Boarder guy: "open the trunk, get out of the car, lie down on the floor, face down and spread your cheeks!"
me: " what the..."

lol.
ksc75-03.gif

I might go to 4 RS stores near me today to buy more.

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #43 of 184
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we humans have only two ears? It's great o get a bargain every once and a while but Come On!!! By the time you start using all of your extra pairs there will newer and better choices out there.

I got on the Custom IEM bandwagon a little while ago and got a pair of triple driver customs so I don't think that any 20.00 headphones are ever going to do it for me again.

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #44 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we humans have only two ears? It's great o get a bargain every once and a while but Come On!!! By the time you start using all of your extra pairs there will newer and better choices out there.

I got on the Custom IEM bandwagon a little while ago and got a pair of triple driver customs so I don't think that any 20.00 headphones are ever going to do it for me again.

I'm not so sure about better choices for the $20+/- that these normally go for. Have you ever listened to these? Many people like them...just do a search to find hundreds of posts about them.

A $20 HP won't ever compare to a $1,000 IEM so maybe you should stay in your high-end zone. Most people will never get there(including me) and the KCS75 is a great starting point for young enthusiasts...they are my preference for work cans.

I bought extras to help people get them cheaper than they might find in their country...although I will be keeping 3 pairs for myself.

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #45 of 184
i got 3 pairs yesterday from RS. However, they were $10 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back