Koss KSC-75 drivers into a Sony V600 enclosure.
Mar 21, 2006 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone have a diagram of either of these phones and their cables/drivers? I haven't really done any electrical work before, so this will be a starter project for me. Hoping to build up to making amps, but I may or may not have the fine motor skills for this sort of thing, which is why I'm picking this as a starting point. Basic, easy to understand instructions would be great. My main problem is probably going to be removing the Sony drivers; they're behind thick plastic on both sides. Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice! Hopefully I'll be able to update this with pictures soon.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Anybody?

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 8
From what i have heard the Koss drivers dont sound too good in the V6 sealed enclosures. If you choose to do this you are going to want to make the sony's open probably.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
From what i have heard the Koss drivers dont sound too good in the V6 sealed enclosures. If you choose to do this you are going to want to make the sony's open probably.

Yeah. I was definitely leaning in that direction.

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 8
Update: I've done it! Mostly. I'll be posting pictures sometime later in the day, probably. The problem is, I can't seem to get the channels separated. It's playing two Ls instead of an L and an R.

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #7 of 8
Anyone know how to separate the L and R channels without running a splitter cable?

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 8
Umm... buddy, if you're playing two left channels, you've got your wires mixed up in the cable. I'm guessing you had to recable these to actually get a crossed wire, so first place to look would be in the plug. Did you connect both wires to the same place on the plug? That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back