Koss KSC-75 $11.99
Mar 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
You're assuming that not being logged in while you shop will give you a *lower* price. Besides 99% of Amazon's customers have no idea that they do this.

I guess it would depend on how the site operates but it wouldn't hurt to clear your cookies and see what they give you. I just cleared mine and got the $11.99 price for the ksc75 and the option to buy direct from amazon.com w/ free shipping.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 30
Wow, good deal! I forwarded this to a few people.

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 30
That's it, as soon as some $$ clear into my bank acct. from Paypal, I'm buying a pair -- hopefully I can sell my Portapro2s afterward. Just hope wearing glasses won't interfere with the comfort too much.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Circuit City usually has the KSC75 in stock. My local store does anyway. Just walk in and buy 'em.

Of course. It's just that there are many more sales on the web, but the stores do not run the web sales. In fact, I have not seen the KSC75 on sale in the store, but I've seen them on sale on the Circuit City web site several times.

I don't think the in-store pickup charges shipping. If you can get them for a better price through buying on the web and then pick them up at the store without shipping charges, then that's a good deal. I am not absolutely sure it works that way, though.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb
Of course. It's just that there are many more sales on the web, but the stores do not run the web sales. In fact, I have not seen the KSC75 on sale in the store, but I've seen them on sale on the Circuit City web site several times.

How much are you gonna save? I mean really, we're talking twenty bucks here. At the store. In stock. No messing around, no waiting.
icon10.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 30
Gee, - you went from paying $12.99 at Amazon to buying them from Circuit City at $20 just for convenience, all in the same thread. That's pretty good inflation in a few posts. :wink:

Edit: I do agree it's hardly enough of a difference to quibble about.

Mar 26, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #24 of 30
So, I strolled into Radio Shack today to check out the koss ear pads I been reading about so often here.

they unfortunately were not on sale.. so I just picked them up since $24.99 wouldnt break the bank and im not too concerned.

I had some fun with them today and messed around with them, these sound pretty darn good for what they are. The external volume control definately had to go.

Not sure right which I actually prefer more for on the go listening, my super fis or the Koss.

I like the super fis because of the isolation, but when isolation isnt an issue the koss seems to have clean smooth bass and the upper details that seem absent from my super fis. The sound stage of these little buggers are pretty good too.

Very exceptional portable clip ons. I didnt think something this cheap would sound so good.

definate thumbs up!

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #25 of 30
A great deal! I'm considering returning mine (purchased from Radio Shack on friday for $24) and buying these!

I know I've already sold 2 pairs to my friends with that price.
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #26 of 30
RnB180, are you sure we're not somehow the same person suffering amnesia?
biggrin.gif

I too picked a pair up from radio shack for $24. I'm really quite pleased with them, and in many regards like them just as much as my super.fi's as well. They do certain things well, but the detail of the super.fi pro's is not there, nor is the isolation.

Initial comfort is excellent on the KSC75's, with their light weight and all. But after a while they become irritating to my ears, where I can (and do) wear the super.fi's all day long.

RnB180, what did you do about the inline volume attenuator?

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 30
Ditto here...after being with the KSC75, something just lacked w/ my super.fi's. I was really scared about this, seeing the huge price difference, but now I'm using the super.fi's extensively again because of the isolation, funky-look factor, and detail. I am very much amazed though at what the KSC75 is able to do.

Apr 1, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #29 of 30
i'm from Malaysia and a few friends and I plan to purchase ksc75 from amazon but need someone to help us with shipping from US back to Malaysia, we are willing to provide a fee for your trouble~:p using paypal btw~ anyone interested please PM me for more details~:p

Apr 1, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Amazon tracks each user's buying habits. browsing habits, etc. and adjusts prices accordingly. No two people can be guaranteed to get the same price for the same item.

Just to set the record straight, Amazon doesn't do any personalized pricing based on usage history. There were a few days back in 2000 where Amazon tried an experiment using randomized price testing to measure different customers' reaction to different prices, but this created some major fallout for the company when people started comparing prices with their friends and noticed the price was different. Bezos sent out a press release apologizing for it, and vowed never to do it again:

Price testing press release, 9/27/00

If you're seeing different pricing, you might want to make sure that you are looking at the same vendor and that your cache isn't storing an old copy of with an outdated price. Prices are always subject to change, but they aren't personalized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back