koss ksc-35
Jul 3, 2002 at 10:42 AM Post #16 of 22
Gus B,
It's actually VERY EASY to put on the KSC-35 if you know HOW. The "above & behind, rotate" actually is NOT the easiest way to put them on securely.

First, you place the driver on and against your ear, with the tip of the clip pointing downward. Then, you use your thumb to slightly press the tip of the clip open and gently slide your ear into it and secure it. That's it. Hope that helps. I can put on my KSC-35 less than one second using this method. You DON'T need to rotate in this way.

Jul 3, 2002 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 22
Hi!

I'm using the same procedure as dkswong. My time is about 0.04 sec better
biggrin.gif

Moonwalker

Jul 3, 2002 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 22
Today I tried the same procedure as dkswong (of putting on the KSC-35), but so far it took me about 10 to 15 times longer. But that's because I was so used to putting the KSC-35 on the "rotating" way, so I need more practice in the method that dkswong uses.

Jul 3, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 22
Thank you dkswong. When I get home tonight I will try again. I have, however, tried holding the tip out, but when I slide it down, sadly, the bottom of the clip somehow winds up outside of my ear lobe. I then have to grab the clip with one hand, & pull my ear lobe outside of the clip with the other hand and the help of a mirror! 15 secs is my record. You can see why I gave up & bought the portapros. Maybe I could just leave them on all the time & store the cord in my front shirt pocket, although showering would still be a problem! If anyone else has had similar problems with the clips, it would make me feel better if they would lend me some moral support here...
frown.gif

Jul 3, 2002 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Gus B
but I just could never get the hang of putting them on--it takes several minutes of pulling my ears throught the clips.

When I still had my KSC-35s I would put them on using the standard "putting long hair behind ear" gesture, you just have to get your fingers in between clip and ear to do it.

I miss my KSC-35s. Since I have my ER-4S, I cannot stand the PortaPro anymore, the bass is just too loud due to the pressure. The 35s are less boomy sounding.

Jul 4, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #22 of 22
Gus B,
If you don't need to "slide it down" using my method, you simply use one hand for each driver, grab it at the side and place it on the ear (a little behind though so that the inner curve of the clip is parallel with the side of your ear) with the tip of the clip pointing down, slightly push the clip open with your thumb and then your ear will go inside it easily. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back