Koss KSC-35 and Porta Pro Help!
Nov 1, 2002 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
Just need your opinion on this. I know that these phones use the same drivers, but which sound better to you? Thanks

Nov 1, 2002 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 7
Joe,
Thanks for the info. I'm just wondering which is a better deal to get. Koss.com has the Portapro for 31 dollars shipped. I'm just wondering if I should get the portapro for that price and sell my KSC-35 or not?

Purk

Nov 1, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Purk:
i have both models and I'd recommend that you keep both models. The Porta Pros fit great (on me), sound good and are easy to take on or off-which I need on occasion. The KSC-35s sound great, and stay on like super glue but are a royal pain to put on or remove. In short, each has a place.

Nov 1, 2002 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 7
I wouldn't sell the KSC35's. They're getting pretty hard to come by nowadays. I own both the Portopros and the KSC35's. Like a lot of people, I generally prefer the sound of the KSC35's because it is better balanced and less bass-heavy. However, the Portapros are more efficient and therefore get more out of low power sources. They also have what I can only describe as "bigger" sound. I agree with PatM. For $31, get the Portapros and keep both.

Nov 2, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Guys,
Thanks for the comments, but that's over 50 dollars of money there. I think I'll stick with the KSC-35 since they sound similar.

Purk

Nov 2, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Purk....

just another opinion:

i actually did what you are thinking of....bought the portapros at $31 shipped w/ half price at koss....and sold my 35's.

why?
simple: although the 35's are unquestionably superb, i just never used them due to the trouble i had putting them on and off. now with the portapros, i get the same basic sound (yes a tad "bigger" sound)....but now i actually use them!!!

i'm sort of a minimalist...and don't really like having too many decisions (plus not tying up unnecessary dollars in "inventory"), so now it's between the 2 of the best...Ety 4P's or the protapros.

besides...by selling the tough-to-get 35's, you'll make somebody very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back