Koss KPH30i appreciation thread
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #226 of 354
Jan 30, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #228 of 354
Cheaper on AliExp.
F3BFB1E5-786B-474D-ABBA-947399A9CA7F.jpeg

If I need them right away, I go to Amazon. These have slightly different density but are a bit softer IMO. Sound wise they’re probably more or less the same. Didn’t bother to go to that length and compare.
AE8514E6-9046-4F31-8DEA-AE7D256B4329.jpeg

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #229 of 354
Some people have said that authentic grado pads are softer than the cheap fake ones, but cooking the cheap ones makes them softer and almost the same as authentic pads, so has anybody tried both authentic pads and the "fake" ones and cooking the cheap ones?

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #230 of 354
You don't have something holding the grado pads? I ordered some for the porta pro and ksc75 from aliexpress, and they are too big to secure then on the drivers.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #231 of 354
Some people have said that authentic grado pads are softer than the cheap fake ones, but cooking the cheap ones makes them softer and almost the same as authentic pads, so has anybody tried both authentic pads and the "fake" ones and cooking the cheap ones?
I’ve tried dipping them in boiling water for several minutes but it didn’t help getting them softer.
The ones I listed from Amazon above are the softest from the fakes that I’ve tried.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #232 of 354
Are there any pad options that are just a little thicker and easier to get on than the Yaxi pads?

I want to keep the KPH30i small and portable, so the Grado-style pads aren't really an option for me. I currently have a set of AliExpress PortaPro pads on it now (which are slightly thinner than the Yaxi pads) it's an improvement, but I wouldn't mind a bit more padding and these pads are pretty much stretched to their limits, so adding a layer of padding underneath isn't really an option. Anyone know of other pads I can try?

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #233 of 354
I don’t know about other pads that might fit your needs. AliE is a good source if you want to experiment on the cheap.

Not related to anything in specific but here is a tip for those who need/want to loosen up clamp force on their KPHi. Don’t use hair dryer or heat gun guys (like Zeos). Even a heat gun with variable temperature settings is just playing Russian roulette. Easier, more reliable, safer way is a simple dip in boiling water. Stretch it out, dip for 20-30 sec and then straight under cold water. Repeat if necessary. Also, soft aftermarket pads I mentioned earlier, don’t respond to boiling water treatment in order to make them softer. I literally boiled them for 12min and all it did was stretched them out just a bit. Thankfully not enough to make them not usable. So I guess it depends on material. Pads I showed earlier are soft enough (I hope) and boiling it won’t change its properties.
4FF4DD34-409D-4D2E-B99E-2944C19CF512.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #234 of 354
Are there any pad options that are just a little thicker and easier to get on than the Yaxi pads?

I want to keep the KPH30i small and portable, so the Grado-style pads aren't really an option for me. I currently have a set of AliExpress PortaPro pads on it now (which are slightly thinner than the Yaxi pads) it's an improvement, but I wouldn't mind a bit more padding and these pads are pretty much stretched to their limits, so adding a layer of padding underneath isn't really an option. Anyone know of other pads I can try?
hd414 pads

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #235 of 354
I don’t know about other pads that might fit your needs. AliE is a good source if you want to experiment on the cheap.

Yeah, that's what got me to where I am now with the KPH30I

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #238 of 354
@Tripokaridos

I bought them because of your positive comments at the 660s thread and I have to thank you for that.

Χίλια ευχαριστώ!!!
Yeah these koss on ears was something i didnt expect to sound so good for the price ... They look cheap but are comfy for on ear and very light.
Something that after years understand is that i prefer light weight plastic compare to luxury heavy materials on headphones.

Εγω σε ευχαριστώ φιλε μου, χαίρομαι που σου άρεσαν. Ελληνας και εσυ ?

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #239 of 354
Had some spare 100mm lambskin pads, used some spare materials from home as adapter rings for the pads. And glued it with double-sided tape.

Sounds fun but maybe to much low end, and a little muffled in the highs.

Comfort is much better, grado pads make my ears hurt after a few minutes.

IMG_20210226_162949.jpgIMG_20210226_161700.jpgIMG_20210226_161037.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back