Koss KPH30i appreciation thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #151 of 354
Nice! You should try earbuds, they give a similar experience :)

+1000! Love the sound of my buds (most of which are amazingly CHEAP!). And losing my tinnitus and ear infections after switching from iem's to buds doesn't hurt either.

Sep 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #155 of 354
Sep 15, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #156 of 354
No need to cut pads

9A28FF6E-34FB-4A87-944B-0AA609815CBB.jpeg

ED931A7E-0DAF-4E6A-8F93-0A7383F361BC.jpeg

Still experimenting with various tuning

8A576FBD-1936-40D2-80BE-F9CD46132201.jpeg

Trying to get a bit more bass.
D7F84C25-E0CF-43E7-813F-5E36B08D0348.jpeg

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #157 of 354
Too many to list here! This thread will be your friend:
Earbuds Round-Up

You could start looking into the ME80's (most would recommend them).
oh I thought he meant a specific koss earbuds haha. He meant earbuds in general. Well, I already have a lot too and VE Monks were my favorite but I love having headphone sound and especially with KPH30i with Grado cush being so airy and allowing me to hear my surroundings really well. :dt880smile:

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #158 of 354
tbh I actually prefer the KPH30i with grado cush pads now than the popular KSC75 headband with yaxi pads combo.
Both are good but the open-ness of KPH30i is mind blowing for me. Maybe it has something to do with the drivers being farther from your ears?

Sep 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #159 of 354
With pads and removable cable these are going to be my favorite cans. Sure I own better cans but cables on those are more expensive than KPH30i. Glad I found this thread. Can’t believe how good these cheapos sound.
:beerchug:

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #160 of 354
tbh I actually prefer the KPH30i with grado cush pads now than the popular KSC75 headband with yaxi pads combo.
Both are good but the open-ness of KPH30i is mind blowing for me. Maybe it has something to do with the drivers being farther from your ears?

The driver distance from the ears for sure has an impact. The kph30i's on the Grado G pads really makes them sound like open headphones, which is awesome.

Also the force of the drivers against the ears has a large impact. I find the sportapro's (same drivers as sportapro's) to be a bit too bassy/boomy when using the stock sportapro headband (or portapro headband for that matter) which provides a lot of force. But I love the the sportapro drivers on the part express headband - having those drivers sitting lightly on the ears is great. The ksc75's are also great on the parts express headband, but I prefer the bassier and less bright sportapro drivers.

One of these days I'll have to try the kph30i's drivers on the parts express headband! (if that's possible).

With pads and removable cable these are going to be my favorite cans. Sure I own better cans but cables on those are more expensive than KPH30i. Glad I found this thread. Can’t believe how good these cheapos sound.
:beerchug:

Koss is the king of amazing sounding cheapos lol

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #161 of 354
...I love the the sportapro drivers on the part express headband - having those drivers sitting lightly on the ears is great. The ksc75's are also great on the parts express headband, but I prefer the bassier and less bright sportapro drivers.

One of these days I'll have to try the kph30i's drivers on the parts express headband! (if that's possible).

I just got the sporta pro and yes I am also looking forward to using the parts express headband (just received in the mail).

I have a couple of ksc75 on the parts express band and love how light and almost nonexistent they feel on your head with a gentle clamp force and a LOT easier to put and and take off compared to the stock ksc75 clip ons.

I recently got the kph30i too but for some reason it is the least impressive of all the other koss I have (ksc75, ppro, ktxpro1, sportapro). It seems too boomy bass and a bit seems to intrude into the mids/vocals... IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #164 of 354
Is there anyone will to offer their services in modding the KPH30i's with either the mmcx or 2 pin offering? Am UK based but would be willing to post overseas.

I'm in Malaysia and I know someone local who's able to mod the KPH30i (or most any other IEM/earbuds/headphone, for that matter) to MMCX. Send me a PM if you're interested and wouldn't mind the shipping fees. IIRC, Royal Mail International Signed For for a small box to Malaysia used to be about GBP10 or so. Not sure about now.

Sep 17, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #165 of 354
I just got the sporta pro and yes I am also looking forward to using the parts express headband (just received in the mail).

I have a couple of ksc75 on the parts express band and love how light and almost nonexistent they feel on your head with a gentle clamp force and a LOT easier to put and and take off compared to the stock ksc75 clip ons.

I recently got the kph30i too but for some reason it is the least impressive of all the other koss I have (ksc75, ppro, ktxpro1, sportapro). It seems too boomy bass and a bit seems to intrude into the mids/vocals... IMO.

I can't recall, but have you tried the Grado G cushions? If not, the pads are fairly cheap and would be worth you trying (even if they look pretty bizarre lol), because they may likely move the khp30i's up your Koss SQ list.

These are the ones I purchased: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253212056883?ul_noapp=true

Just curious, even this is simply pull the driver off from the stock sportapro with hands...? I am a bit concerned if it is safe to pull.

Yes. I can't remember the exact technique, but it's the same clip mechanism. It might be worth finding a video on youtube to allay your fears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back