KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Jul 4, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,976 of 4,052
Does anybody use a different power outlet for the esp950? Need a spare one if anyone can recommend one on Amazon or something in the US

Jul 5, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #3,978 of 4,052
Jul 12, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #3,979 of 4,052
Does koss takes forever to respond back to there emails? Needed to check up on my warranty on the esp95x. I could call them but I am out of the country for awhile.

Edit: nevermind. They use to respond faster using their contact form instead of emailing them.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #3,980 of 4,052
Has anyone been able to buy replacement velour 95x pads? I checked Koss's website but they only have the crinkly pleather 950 pads listed. I also contacted their customer service asking about a week ago and it's just been crickets.

I also haven't found any 3rd party pads that look comparable to the stock velour 95x pads. I have tried some 120mm round velour pads I found on Ali, but the fit (and sound) was bad.

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #3,981 of 4,052
Has anyone been able to buy replacement velour 95x pads? I checked Koss's website but they only have the crinkly pleather 950 pads listed. I also contacted their customer service asking about a week ago and it's just been crickets.

I also haven't found any 3rd party pads that look comparable to the stock velour 95x pads. I have tried some 120mm round velour pads I found on Ali, but the fit (and sound) was bad.
Vesper makes a hybrid pad or they did not for sure now but it was leather and velour on the side that touches your skin have a pair and very comfortable bought them like 5 or 6 years ago and at the time I think were $70 .
Just looked it up and they have a lot of different options for the ESP-950.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #3,983 of 4,052
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #3,984 of 4,052
Same here...bought a pair for my ESP950s (since sold but enjoyed them while I had them). Definitely felt the pads were worth the $$. :beerchug:

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #3,985 of 4,052
Thank for the replies @buke9 and @GearMe. Veper pads certainly look nice and reviews are generally positive so I have toyed with the idea of getting some Vesper or Yaxi pads but $60-$90 for pads that might change the sound negatively for me and my ears has kept my wallet closed.

I have been burned on pricy pads before (ZMF Ori/TH-X00 combo and I hated the change in sound) and said never again. Because of that experience, I generally won't spend over $25 on a pads that I haven't heard before or that aren't a stock pad from the manufacturer. That's why I was hoping the stock velour pads were like a special order thing from Koss's site and they were comparable in price to the pleather ones ($5). It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask the ESP veterans since the Koss email customer service is MIA.

And to be clear, my stock pads aren't worn out (yet) and I like the sound, I was simply hoping to get some extras to have just in case. I really hate that selling stock pads for the headphone isn't like a required thing at this point. Pads are one of the few things on a headphone that just wears out from using it normally. I have seen all of headaches Sennheiser owners are going through right now since they can't buy replacement pads.

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #3,986 of 4,052
Thank for the replies @buke9 and @GearMe. Veper pads certainly look nice and reviews are generally positive so I have toyed with the idea of getting some Vesper or Yaxi pads but $60-$90 for pads that might change the sound negatively for me and my ears has kept my wallet closed.

I have been burned on pricy pads before (ZMF Ori/TH-X00 combo and I hated the change in sound) and said never again. Because of that experience, I generally won't spend over $25 on a pads that I haven't heard before or that aren't a stock pad from the manufacturer. That's why I was hoping the stock velour pads were like a special order thing from Koss's site and they were comparable in price to the pleather ones ($5). It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask the ESP veterans since the Koss email customer service is MIA.

And to be clear, my stock pads aren't worn out (yet) and I like the sound, I was simply hoping to get some extras to have just in case. I really hate that selling stock pads for the headphone isn't like a required thing at this point. Pads are one of the few things on a headphone that just wears out from using it normally. I have seen all of headaches Sennheiser owners are going through right now since they can't buy replacement pads.
Totally respect your stance on pads . Sometimes they work and sometimes not so much. Good luck in your search.

Aug 21, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #3,987 of 4,052
Has anyone ever done a custom headband / yolk for the ESP/950 drivers? I have the original version, not the Drop remake, and the flimsy top portion of the headband is broken. One side slides much too easily / has no 'grip', making them uncomfortable, with a tendency to get too loose and fall off.

I considered trying to send them in to Koss to be repaired given the much touted "lifetime warranty", but the last time I looked in to it they asked for purchase info I don't have, as I bought them second hand. Also asked to buy just a replacement headband/top portion and was told they don't sell parts. This is bad policy on Koss' part and very frustrating.

The stock headband, while very light, is poorly built and flimsy; I'm not at all a fan. Given I only intend to use the headphones at home I don't care about them being collapsible and wouldn't be opposed to swapping the drivers on to another headband, if there's something suitable out there. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #3,988 of 4,052
Got the ESP950’s up and running from a Cary Rocket 88 to a Stax SRD7 Pro and a Stax to Koss adapter. That sweet tube sound on the ESP950 headphones is a treat.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #3,989 of 4,052
I just recently sent in my ESP-950's for warranty repair after they were sitting in the closet for over 10 years. I bought my original pair over 25 years ago. Koss was nice enough to send me a brand-new replacement pack with the full case and everything minus a battery pack. Hard to beat this warranty. Look for this to be on the For Sale section soon since I'll never listen to them. Great company to deal with.

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #3,990 of 4,052
I just recently sent in my ESP-950's for warranty repair after they were sitting in the closet for over 10 years. I bought my original pair over 25 years ago. Koss was nice enough to send me a brand-new replacement pack with the full case and everything minus a battery pack. Hard to beat this warranty. Look for this to be on the For Sale section soon since I'll never listen to them. Great company to deal with.
That's a mistake. Unless you're listening to 2k+ in gear the Koss will embarrass whatever you've been listening to in the interim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back