Koss A250 = which IEM
Feb 7, 2008 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
Been using E4Gs which are pretty great but I don't like the treble roll off. I want something that sounds like my Koss but in an IEM. I suspect you're all gonna say ER-4s... am I doomed accepting there stick-outyness to get satisfaction?

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 9
Honestly the ER-4 is probably the closest you're gonna get. The A/250 is known as an Ety on steriods for a reason ya know. I'd tell ya to go with the q-JAYS, which is the next best thing to the ER-4 in regards to highs IMO, though they don't get near the level of the A/250, but are much more comfortable than the ER-4.

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A/250 is known as an Ety on steriods for a reason ya know.

The difference is like this dude I just googled for comparison's sake: ety on the left, koss far right.

brian-second-set-redo.jpg

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 9
Um... that's an interesting visual representation, but it doesn't really help me decide which IEM would be best for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The difference is like this dude I just googled for comparison's sake: ety on the left, koss far right.

brian-second-set-redo.jpg

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 9
I would also say the ER4-S and if the stick out part bothers you (and for sonic improvements) get the APureSound cable for the Ety then they get as small as you are ever likely to find anything.

151213.jpg

151214.jpg

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also say the ER4-S and if the stick out part bothers you (and for sonic improvements) get the APureSound cable for the Ety then they get as small as you are ever likely to find anything.

That seems like a very good but expensive option. You don't want to sell your pair do you
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um... that's an interesting visual representation, but it doesn't really help me decide which IEM would be best for me...

The point is that it's not a question of flabbiness in the er4 vis-a-vis the A250, but of the ety/altec being a bit of a pipsqueak in relation, so to speak-- don't expect the full and lively sound of the Koss.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That seems like a very good but expensive option. You don't want to sell your pair do you
wink.gif

Not a chance
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back