Kompakt Records
Mar 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
If I had to choose a single favorite record label it would probably be Kompakt. The consistency and strength of their Total compilations almost makes Kompakt more like a band than a label, particularly since so many of their artists only release hard to find singles.

What are you favorite releases on here? Favorite artists?

my favorite release is Kosi Comes Around by DJ Koze. Minimal and playful, still has groove to it though.

I have a few of the Totals, Kosi Comes Around, Immer, This Bliss by Pantha du Prince (actually on the Kompakt imprint Dial), Chromophobia by Gui Boratto. what else is good?

any Kompakt releases you are looking forward to in the future?

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 4

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm greatly anticipating the new The Field release this year and thought From Here We go Sublime was fantastic, probably my favorite album of 07.

Superpitcher is another Kompakt artist, I'm always on the lookout for. So yeah, I really dig K's minimal, progressive house joints.

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 4

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
hey man what's up
think it's going to be just us in this thread?
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for reminding me about superpitcher, I really only know him through the Total collections though been meaning to check out more of his stuff
are his full length albums as good as the singles? Which one should I get first?

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 4

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
What's up man! Surely, Kompakt will bring 'em out.
k701smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are his full length albums as good as the singles?

Hmmm...I would have a hard time responding affirmative on that. Here Comes Love is kind of spotty. He's a much better mix disc producer, so I would start with Today.

Users who are viewing this thread