KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and appreciation thread
Feb 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 281

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all 

i want share limited edition brass portable amp from Japan : 

KOJO KM01-BRASS 

the designer use shaved and Zushiri of brass , it is also effective to suppress the vibration quality. There is a goal has not been subjected to anti-corrosion treatment the surface,
so that that one of the own flavor of the original with that knock down. 

Please see more information below :

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=skARUbDXKYbRrQe6oYGoAg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DWAGNUS.%2BBialbero%2BEpsilon%2BS%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26tbo%3Dd&rurl=translate.google.co.id&sl=ja&u=http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail18751.html&usg=ALkJrhjdSk1njE5KzOwVtZczL8qTy6cRHg

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=skARUbDXKYbRrQe6oYGoAg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DWAGNUS.%2BBialbero%2BEpsilon%2BS%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26tbo%3Dd&rurl=translate.google.co.id&sl=ja&u=http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list1155.html%3Ffrom%3Dside_menu&usg=ALkJrhhHFKg67dU6lWTlF59r2tvX9AbqDw

Now accepting us! Limited production vehicles will be released in early February 300!

With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW output, portable headphone amplifier that operates with one AAA battery. 

325g body was shaved and Zushiri of brass, it is also effective to suppress the vibration quality. There is a goal has not been subjected to anti-corrosion treatment the surface, so that that one of the own flavor of the original with that knock down. 
Dedicated volume knob combination switch products, (uneven jagged fine) knurled precision instrument that has been widely used in the past which has been subjected to take part of the finger is matched with brass body. 
The Motaseru sufficient capacity electrolytic capacitor, and improved the driving force of the mid and low-frequency drive is a weakness of the battery in the power supply. Low-voltage operational amplifier, to the subsequent stage diamond buffer circuit arranged in front, with the aim to reproduce the utilizing the best of both worlds "sound that is clear and realistic." 

Analog stereo mini jack × 1: Main specifications ● Input terminal 
● Output Terminals: Headphone Stereo mini jack × 1 
● Recommended Load Impedance:? 16 300Ω 
● Frequency characteristic: 10Hz-100kHz 
● Rated output: 20mW +20 mW (load 32Ω) 
● Power supply: (alkaline, rechargeable battery) × 1 AAA batteries 
● Continuous operation time: (. Varies depending on usage conditions) about 14 hours 
● Size: W57mm × D53mm × H19mm (excluding protrusions) 
● Weight: 325g approximately

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #8 of 281
Well, firstly, despite what some online stores are selling it for, you don't need to pay USD $900 for it. I got mine for about USD $700. For anyone considering this amp, it pays to look around a bit more rather than just settling on the first result in google.

It sounds really good. A completely black background with custom IEMs and capable of powering my Fostex T50RP (not necessarily the best of my heaphones, but certainly the hardest to drive) quite comfortably. A pretty big soundstage and extremely clear and detailed. It's fast and keeps up with complex passages in music as well. Quite frankly, I'm amazed by it considering that it's slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes and powered by a AAA. Fits my needs perfectly since most of the higher end amps are not something you can stick in your pocket.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 281
Thank you DTKZ

Now I got my Ko Jo KM 01 as well

Tonight I will sharing some pictures and out the box impression

During audition at Jaben STC Store Jakarta :

05060a58c8e9ecf39c6d77988790fee9_zps3e40460c.jpg

815ca3cf07f2bbc84c917f415668a796_zps6dc11931.jpg

025ffc627e66226f35839392a23b350a_zps28c72e82.jpg

d17e00923b2014580bbe302b81169017_zpsec59c7fa.jpg

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 281
Hehe Mr Rudi I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, congrats. When did you order the Mass Kobo? 

Please let us know how you like the Kojo amp, I for one would love to see how it compares against MHd-Q7.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #12 of 281
Hehe Mr Rudi I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, congrats. When did you order the Mass Kobo? 

Please let us know how you like the Kojo amp, I for one would love to see how it compares against MHd-Q7.

Thank You Moe

I have Wagnus Epsilon S
kobo 385 sound signature is more or less like my Wagnus Epsilon S
Wagnus Epsilon S is better in term of :
soundstage , deeper bass , faster speed and more balance SQ

Ko Jo KM -01 vs Ortofon MHd - Q 7
Ko Jo KM - 01 win in all territory :D

High : very clean , clear , smooth sounding high and detail
Mid : more clear and clean and more sweet
Bass : better bass definition and better bass detail , very clean bass reproduction.
Soundstage : on par
Separation : is better and teller
Noise : very low noise , very black background , the best noise floor I ever heard

Overall : SQ so intimate like the singer sing in front of you :D
Is it very good for long listening during oversea trip
If not my wife call me , I do not want take out my iem from my ears :D

Highly recommendation and very limited only 300 pcs

Minus : Brass is very easy to scratch
and heavy 325 g for small amp

The rest is as my two best amps with my Wagnus Epsilon S

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #14 of 281
Hi Rudi. Nice to see you join the ranks of KM01-Brass owners. It is a pretty amazing amp, eh? You see what I mean by a black background with customs? I wouldn't have called any of my previous amps noisy... However, the first time you listen to the KM01 and it dawns on you how easy it is to pick out details is a revelation.

I wouldn't worry too much about how prone it is to scratches. The reason being that it's supposed to tarnish and develop it's own look after some time, so it won't always be so shiny. Although if you want to keep it in its current bright and shiny state, you should probably think about applying some lacquer.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #15 of 281
Hi Rudi. Nice to see you join the ranks of KM01-Brass owners. It is a pretty amazing amp, eh? You see what I mean by a black background with customs? I wouldn't have called any of my previous amps noisy... However, the first time you listen to the KM01 and it dawns on you how easy it is to pick out details is a revelation.

I wouldn't worry too much about how prone it is to scratches. The reason being that it's supposed to tarnish and develop it's own look after some time, so it won't always be so shiny. Although if you want to keep it in its current bright and shiny state, you should probably think about applying some lacquer.

Thank you Damien
This Ko Jo KM 01 amp is beautiful out site and has inner beauty as well in SQ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back