Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 20, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #58,338 of 63,803
Yeah, nice collections! and they share similarities, using foam as the damper (truly this is the old secret of Sony's smooth yet detailed signature sound, from MH0755 until top end Z1R.

I realized that I was chasing shadows all time long, no matter what price you are spending. Perfect IEM for individual is just a myth, so example like I have near perfect Z1R, in terms almost everything but the tuning isn't perfect to me (little bit too much mid bass and upper bass) but moving to like example Monarch mk II, i like the lower frequencies part tuning but the texture, definition and speed of the Z1R still can't be beat out, its not that simple unless you build your own true end game IEM, with you selected materials, your method, your own tuning. Even doing that way you still have to go trial and error several times. Dunno why ears are hard to pleased rather than any other body part :anguished:. But I can call the Z1R is close one that I can get currently.

Anyway, thanks to you that I finally want to get the CCA CRA, almost pull my trigger on DQ6 last time but my modded KZ Z1 still doing good so I was able to resist. But now my KZ Z1 battery life is only up to 25 minutes on my left unit (after almost 2 years of usage), I need budget replacement for KZ Z1 and seems the CRA+AZ09 Pro is better option than DQ6+AZ09 Pro / another Z1 / SKS

*edited : Bought the CRA!!

Cheers!

An overnight burn in helps to take the edge off a little bit but to get the full potential you'd want to mod it. I just reverted my mod and the edge is definitely still there after 100+ hours.

I'm not sure how my mod compares to Rikudogoku's 500 mesh + sony general foam mod but it really helped tame the upper treble without affecting anything else. I cut an alcohol swab into a rectangular piece and wrap it around a needle. Then once its in the nozzle, move the needle in a circular motion until the swab adheres to the walls of the nozzle while leaving a space in the middle.
20220118_143542.jpg

20220118_143621.jpg

This mod was inspired by the FDX1 nozzles which tame the upper treble as shown by this graph.
graph(2).png
Alcohol swap tissue?😳😳

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #58,339 of 63,803
Still no cra for me. Last update was December 16th. Seller says it's now in the US and will be delivered soon. Mehhhhh

I can't imagine that shipments from China aren't suffering from the quagmire that is California seaports right now. Any way to know if it wasn't looted from those trains in LA?

Jan 20, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #58,340 of 63,803
I can't imagine that shipments from China aren't suffering from the quagmire that is California seaports right now. Any way to know if it wasn't looted from those trains in LA?
Likely no way to tell. Not sure what to do at this point. I know things are taking much longer now, but I've received a few other things very quickly from China already.

Jan 20, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #58,344 of 63,803
Bad guys stealing packages.

More like sanctioned large scale looting. It's a disgrace.

hell_a.jpg

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #58,346 of 63,803
Jan 20, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #58,348 of 63,803
I would pick up CCA CRA over C10 for tightly controlled subbass and tuning.
I would pick up C10 over CRA for detailed but smooth mids and more precise sound stage.

Both I think are still great in their price range, but different from each other. That's good.

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #58,349 of 63,803
I know my KZ AS10 is holding up well against these newer models and still commands $50+ USDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back