Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 6, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #58,156 of 63,834
My condolences, i hope you make it and get either your refund or he sent you other units @Ykaep

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #58,157 of 63,834
My condolences, i hope you make it and get either your refund or he sent you other units @Ykaep
I already got a refund so thats fine. Sad thing is I used a coupon that its no longer avaliable (12€ for the IEMs) so I dont think I'll order them again seeing the problems that it has without EQ and how people are divided about them being good or not.

Gonna wait for the next thing that knowing the chifi market wont be long, and sit on the DQ6 that, with RikudouGoku's mod, have been great so far.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #58,158 of 63,834
I already got a refund so thats fine. Sad thing is I used a coupon that its no longer avaliable (12€ for the IEMs) so I dont think I'll order them again seeing the problems that it has without EQ and how people are divided about them being good or not.

Gonna wait for the next thing that knowing the chifi market, wont be long, and sit on the DQ6 that, with RikudouGoku's mod, have been great so far.
Lot of good iem come by.. Cra is example or newest tripo~ or dq6 hbb

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #58,159 of 63,834
Love your posts man. Been following you for decades.

You don't mess with a man's guitar or his wheels bro.

Here's a photo of my classic 1990 928 Porsche GT. Apparently they only made a dozen RHD models. And a photo of my limited edition Peter Frampton guitar.

thanks man, and Nice axes! And that 928 is super clean :-o 32v V8. Never got to drive one but I did used to have a 930. Selling that car was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. :sob:

I've been dreaming lately about molesting a 924 with one of those Mach-E electric crate motors from Ford. 280 hp and 317 ft/lbs of instant torque would make for a pretty wild ride on 205s on the rears. Imagine being able to just light up anywhere at any speed, but to run silently and not interfere with a monster 2000 watt system built around Focal drivers. </car nerd>

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #58,160 of 63,834
[edit for poor choice of wording, “departed”]
KZ ZS7

Still a banger. I got the ZS7 early on, in my crossover from Headphones to IEMs. So I didn't realize (at the time) that driver flex isn't the end of the world and relegated them to the box of regrets. But had no intention to discard them as it was one of the O.G.'s (I think it was the departed “Ex-Communicado”, Slater) that pointed out that the ZS7 was a one off, with next to no chance of being re-released.

If you look at the reviews on Head-Fi (link to reviews), you can see that the ZS7 was ahead of it's peers, in the <$50 tier.

With advancements to portable equipment (since the 2018 debut of the ZS7), specifically PEQ (in this case), it's easy to make a few alterations, to make the ZS7 once again relevant.

Hopefully one day KZ will double back and bring both the shell casing and the driver configure back again.

kz zs7.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #58,161 of 63,834
KZ ZS7

Still a banger. I got the ZS7 early on, in my crossover from Headphones to IEMs. So I didn't realize (at the time) that driver flex isn't the end of the world and relegated them to the box of regrets. But had no intention to discard them as it was one of the O.G.'s (I think it was the departed “Ex-Communicado”, Slater) that pointed out that the ZS7 was a one off, with next to no chance of being re-released.

If you look at the reviews on Head-Fi (link to reviews), you can see that the ZS7 was ahead of it's peers, in the <$50 tier.

With advancements to portable equipment (since the 2018 debut of the ZS7), specifically PEQ (in this case), it's easy to make a few alterations, to make the ZS7 once again relevant.

Hopefully one day KZ will double back and bring both the shell casing and the driver configure back again.

kz zs7.jpg
Love the ZS7 (and the BA10)!

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #58,162 of 63,834
Also, the Zex Pro I ordered a month ago arrived few days ago. Sadly one of the sides doesnt work :frowning2: so I asked for a refund and got my money back.
How'd you show them it wasn't working?

They always tell me to send a video. So I put up a YouTube video (TinHiFi T2). Oops, they can't watch them in China. So I emailed them the video (LZ A6 Mini), oops videos are too big to be e-mailed. What?

I never figured out what to do next. Money lost.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #58,163 of 63,834
They always tell me to send a video. So I put up a YouTube video (TinHiFi T2). Oops, they can't watch them in China. So I emailed them the video (LZ A6 Mini), oops videos are too big to be e-mailed. What?

Next time that happens, use something like Dropbox or Google Files to host the video them send them a share/download link.

Jan 6, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #58,164 of 63,834
How'd you show them it wasn't working?

I got my first request declined without any response or reason so I requested another refund for a second time and pointed in the images the solder points and told them to give me a reason if they gonna decline it again or I would open a dispute on PayPal, shortly after I had my money refunded.
This was on Shopee, that so far has been a mess in terms of support but hey they got juicy coupons..

About your issue, you can use something like WeTransfer or similar services to send emails with bigger files attached.
That or use another video hoster that isnt youtube and send them the link.

Hope this helps.

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #58,165 of 63,834
KZ ZS7

KZ moving from ZS6 to ZS7 is a major improvement.
From the eargrating banshee of ZS6 to the smoother airier ZS7.

Not sure why its overshadowed by its younger siblings, ZS 10 Pro.
Because sound sig wise, i prefer ZS7 over ZS10 Pro. (ZS10 Pro is tighter but ZS7 is airier)
Shell wise however, ZS10 Pro all the way. (due to helmet usage, ZS7 as its pressed to the ear, is sharp to use)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #58,168 of 63,834
The CRA is excellent. My new on-the-go, everyday-carry wired beater of choice.
CRA is bad CRA is bad ... My wallet is in danger ... I can't let myself buy another set when i just ordered one. i'm waiting for some anti hype comment ...
Btw i remember buying Og VK4 and give it away because of resolution is quite bad compare to hybrid from KZ (KZ zsn prox). How CRA sounds like compare to VK4 ?

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #58,169 of 63,834
CRA is bad CRA is bad ... My wallet is in danger ... I can't let myself buy another set when i just ordered one. i'm waiting for some anti hype comment ...
Btw i remember buying Og VK4 and give it away because of resolution is quite bad compare to hybrid from KZ (KZ zsn prox). How CRA sounds like compare to VK4 ?
I haven’t heard the VK4, but in terms of perceived details the CRA is certainly ahead of the ZEX and on par with the ZAX, to my ears at least.

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #58,170 of 63,834
I haven't heard the VK4. CRA is a lot better than the ZSN Pro X though, which I do have. Much smoother, much more natural sounding, it has the detail and sparkle in the treble but it's not harsh and fatiguing like the ZSN Pro X is. I just got it, but right now I think it's the best KZ I've heard, I'd put it above the ZEX Pro (treble problems) and ZS10 Pro as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back