Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #57,406 of 63,803
Since i have only minimum knowledge on this thing, but out of sheer curiosity. Here's 5 minute mspaint works on CRA, ZEX Pro, DQ6 graph.
Yes, the db scale is different but i just wanna see the the squished KZ graph at similar length with Crins or others graph

1638093701138.png

Attachments

• 1638093284151.png
    1638093284151.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #57,407 of 63,803
Any plans to test them? Because some reviews said that is almost basshead iem (I think they mean that it basshead level relatively other tinhifi IEMs). And LCP DD by Sony was very good, especially with regard to the bass in them
Not interested in it.

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #57,408 of 63,803
Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 19.38.11.png

Just got the ZEX Pro, and after a quick listen, definitely better than the ZEX for me. Sounds more balanced to me with less bass quantity, and bass sounds tighter and less warm (even compared to NRA I think). Prefer the mid range tuning a lot more too, I'm not the biggest fan of the earlier bump at around 2kHz like on the ZEX, NRA, CA16 Pro, since to me they sound less natural because they bring the 1-1.5kHz up a bit too. So some vocals end up sounding a bit nasally to me. The ZEX Pro has that gain at around 3kHz which sounds more pleasing for my ears. So definitely liking the mids on these more. Nothing seems really off or what for now, but will need to spend more time with them for sure, but so far so good. Recently tried the TKZK Wave which is around the same price, and I like these so much more. Not sure if it was my set or what, but the metallic timbre wasn't fun to listen to, especially since it's pretty neutral in bass too, so I think it makes that stand out more to me.

Edit: forgot to mention the other stuff. Fit is pretty much perfect for my ears. Better than ZEX/NRA, and CA16 Pro. They are using translucent white starline tips. Cable is same as ZEX/NRA/CA16Pro.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #57,409 of 63,803

Just got the ZEX Pro, and after a quick listen, definitely better than the ZEX for me. Sounds more balanced to me with less bass quantity, and bass sounds tighter and less warm (even compared to NRA I think). Prefer the mid range tuning a lot more too, I'm not the biggest fan of the earlier bump at around 2kHz like on the ZEX, NRA, CA16 Pro, since to me they sound less natural because they bring the 1-1.5kHz up a bit too. So some vocals end up sounding a bit nasally to me. The ZEX Pro has that gain at around 3kHz which sounds more pleasing for my ears. So definitely liking the mids on these more. Nothing seems really off or what for now, but will need to spend more time with them for sure, but so far so good. Recently tried the TKZK Wave which is around the same price, and I like these so much more. Not sure if it was my set or what, but the metallic timbre wasn't fun to listen to, especially since it's pretty neutral in bass too, so I think it makes that stand out more to me.

Edit: forgot to mention the other stuff. Fit is pretty much perfect for my ears. Better than ZEX/NRA, and CA16 Pro. They are using translucent white starline tips. Cable is same as ZEX/NRA/CA16Pro.
Is the iem tip/lip is the same narrow one from Dq6?

Hows the imaging and soundstage? The shell looks big from the image

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #57,411 of 63,803
Is the iem tip/lip is the same narrow one from Dq6?

Hows the imaging and soundstage? The shell looks big from the image
not sure about that since I don't have the DQ6. shell size is not that big to me. about the same as ZEX actually, but shape is more like KZ Z1. Smaller and more comfortable than the CA16 Pro. Haven't had enough time to say for sure. Got busy with other stuff and had to stop listening. :joy:

IMAGE 2021-11-29 21:07:25 2.jpg
IMAGE 2021-11-29 21:07:25.jpg

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #57,413 of 63,803
Ok that look as big as CCA CSN

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #57,414 of 63,803
Really wonder how is the bass on ZEX Pro, what is the amount of bass, specially sub bass and how bass compares to regular ZEX, ZSX, DQ6, Blon 03 and 01, also how is the soundstage and instrument separation, is it more neutral or V shape tune. Commercial graph looks weird, but KZs graphs never represents true sound and how it actual graphs. Hope by adding 30095 BA it did not bring this popular and unwanted KZ's metallic sibilance. I think it is a good thing thought that BA is at the top, behind other two drivers and not in the front or in the nozzle.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #57,415 of 63,803

Love to see a GREAT first impression on a newly released model. Would also like to hear some comparisons. Was there anything that WOW you during the listening? Does the micro-detail stand out from the rest?

I'm holding it for now after another 2 IEMs + 3 cables ordered past week. You know, one KZ at a time. 😆

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #57,418 of 63,803
when that sweet KZ pinna gain kicks in

jon-hamm-explosion.gif

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #57,419 of 63,803
when that sweet KZ pinna gain kicks in

jon-hamm-explosion.gif

Allow me to be even more clear - it's not about emphasis on a certain frequency or sound signature i dont like, it's about poor performance in that region.

I played a beautiful,low octave female vocal and i could hear the drivers ratteling and whisteling in despair.

The CA16p does relatively fine in low volumes, but distorts after about 50% volume.

Wish i could try ZAX for one minute to know if the fault lies within those new black BAs.

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #57,420 of 63,803
Really wonder how is the bass on ZEX Pro, what is the amount of bass, specially sub bass and how bass compares to regular ZEX, ZSX, DQ6, Blon 03 and 01, also how is the soundstage and instrument separation, is it more neutral or V shape tune. Commercial graph looks weird, but KZs graphs never represents true sound and how it actual graphs. Hope by adding 30095 BA it did not bring this popular and unwanted KZ's metallic sibilance. I think it is a good thing thought that BA is at the top, behind other two drivers and not in the front or in the nozzle.
Love to see a GREAT first impression on a newly released model. Would also like to hear some comparisons. Was there anything that WOW you during the listening? Does the micro-detail stand out from the rest?

I'm holding it for now after another 2 IEMs + 3 cables ordered past week. You know, one KZ at a time. 😆

Still very early on since I just got them, but will try to share some more impressions so far since the promo price is still active as of this post it seems.

Bass quantity to me seems maybe slightly lower than the NRA/ZEX in the mid bass region. especially in the BL03 which has a lot of it. But it's relatively tight sounding and well controlled to me. Nice enough thump when the track calls for it, and nice enough texture too. Soundstage is average to me, but to me, most IEMs are more or less in that category for me, and will always lose to earbuds. :joy: Instrument separation and detail retrieval I think is above average for the price, and if you got it at the 22USD price, it's even more value for money in that regard I guess. The ZEX and NRA i felt already punch above their price for detail retrieval, and this is maybe a small step better I think. But still not going to beat more expensive sets though. (like i think my smabat proto 1.0 and ER4XR still has better technicalities) Haven't heard the DQ6 though, and gave away my ZSX long ago, so can't compare.

Tuning wise probably more of a mild V-shaped. Mids are still slightly behind the treble and bass to me. They are still a bit on the thinner side though. Male vocals seem a bit thinner than even the NRA probably since less mid bass, but upper mids have more presence and body to me, and overall, mids sounds better on the ZEX Pro for me. Compared to BL03, more or less same thing. More body overall, more forward. so prefer the ZEX Pro over those. Slight sibilance for certain vocals and tracks (like if I go look for it in tracks i know are more prone to sibilance it's there, but it's not too bad or unlistenable to me). Shouldn't be a problem for most. Pretty safe tuning overall that isn't shouty, too harsh, or fatiguing to listen to for me. To me, just the shift in the upper mids to a bit further back to 3kHz makes it better for me already. Don't hear that much of a metallic timbre though, but it's also not quite the most natural I've heard either? Slightly tizzy in the cymbals.

Overall... not so much of a WOW factor for me, but more like pleasantly surprised that the bass quality has been slightly improved and that the mids are nicer too, and fits my preference more. The treble region kinda still reminds me a bit of the NRA/ZEX, so feel like most of the changes could have just come from the DD driver used and by tweaking the frequency response a little. Maybe the BA driver is contributing a bit to that better mids, but my completely unscientific guess is that it's probably not doing all that much. But I'm not quite willing to tear it down and disconnect the BA driver or whatnot, and i got no way to measure the FR anyhow, lol, so I'll believe that it's the former for now.

at the promo price now on AliExpress, it's a pretty easy recommendation for me since there is so little I don't like about it. Inoffensive sound and tuning, technicalities that punches above its price bracket too. Like it more than the recent TKZW Wave, TRN TA2, CCA CA16 pro too. But if you're a bass head, or you already have something better, the ZEX Pro doesn't really do anything special in terms of sound. To me it's just a good value for money for the amount of performance it offers at this price point.

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 14.04.49.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back