Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 21, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #56,686 of 63,794
Sep 21, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #56,687 of 63,794
(no it doesnt...)

lol - yeah I saw your review on AliE :smile:

I like neutral but I can't tolerate a complete lack of bottom end. I lived with that on the Etys for so long; never again. Sold my AKG k702 for the same reason, but admittedly I had them under-amped a bit. Some people think the bass is fine on those. I thought it was near non-existent.

Sep 21, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #56,688 of 63,794
Hey all you old skool KZ fans :grin: (I've often wondered if the DT was for Dee Throned, surely KZ was not thinking the ED9's:scream:):thinking: Just posted this shot over in the "Show off your iems/Buds and Access" thread behind the Vampire and his Empire Ears$$$:smirk:

Old Skool KZ.jpg

Actually listening to these on the 5K right now and they are still outstanding (albeit on the heavy side) for their cost :grin:

Love me some Natalie and how about these players eh:beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #56,691 of 63,794
ZEX order placed. I received CCA NRA and pretty liked it (cons will be recessed lower mid) and hope ZEX gets a bit better tuning than NRA.

The NRA is supposed to have the better tuning according to the official CCA store. I have both on the way along with the CA24. I will graph them all when they arrive to see what the differences are.

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #56,693 of 63,794
Thank you for these recommendations. The entire KZ line is essentially all in my budget range so even the ZSX/ZAX/ZAS are within reach. Preferences I don't have anything specific other than something close to the sound of the ZSN with decent bass response. I usually prefer foam tips which have done a lot for tamping down the sibilance on all the KZ's I've used especially with the ZSN where it was almost necessary.

I'll be taking a closer look at all of these recommendations and go from there. This at least helped me narrow down my options quite a bit. :)
I would recommend ZAS. Its a great iem, its clean sounding with fantastic layering and good extension on both ends. I absolutely love it, enjoy it for the price. I would suggest changing the cable depending on your sound signature preference. For me, Kbear Limpid Pro cable worked, it brought out the mids, and I noticed an overall refinement and slightly controlled bass. Perfect for my taste.
I have reviewed multiple iems around this price range, this one's highly recommended!

Note: I bought the ZAS by paying full amount so I am not speaking for the brand. Either way I dont receive stuffs from brands, its mostly borrowed from friends or I purchase them. :p

But honestly I recommend ZAS. Good luck :)

Sep 24, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #56,694 of 63,794
First time that I have ever tried IEMs with a desk top amp....:)

DSC05980.JPG

Sep 24, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #56,696 of 63,794
Well given in to the hype : got ZAS to replace my ZSX, both paired to Tripowin C8
Definitely worth the upgrade, initial impressions more coherent and improved lower-range performance and transitions.

1632489533836.png

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #56,697 of 63,794
Well given in to the hype : got ZAS to replace my ZSX, both paired to Tripowin C8
Definitely worth the upgrade, initial impressions more coherent and improved lower-range performance and transitions.

(Sorry for duplicate post, not able to find any way to remove it :slight_frown:)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #56,699 of 63,794

Users who are viewing this thread

Back