Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #52,876 of 63,643
Hello guys,

I'm listening to the music with the new arrived KZ Z1 true wireless. I am stunned by their audio quality considering that there is a technology limitation (due to the Bluetooth codec) and that they are not cabled.
Anyway, I would like to buy another KZ iem but with the cable.
Do you have any recommendations?
I need a balanced 4.4mm cable as well because I have iBasso DX220 with the AMP8 balanced module.

Thanks!

kalo86

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #52,877 of 63,643
Hello guys,

I'm listening to the music with the new arrived KZ Z1 true wireless. I am stunned by their audio quality considering that there is a technology limitation (due to the Bluetooth codec) and that they are not cabled.
Anyway, I would like to buy another KZ iem but with the cable.
Do you have any recommendations?
I need a balanced 4.4mm cable as well because I have iBasso DX220 with the AMP8 balanced module.

Thanks!

kalo86

I would say get the ZAX, overall easy to take in.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #52,878 of 63,643
of course, if they have poor insulation, which is rare, then they will sound bad, this is logical, you call these headphones bad without well-placing them in your ear, very strange conclusions

pick up normal nozzles, such as foam or spinfit :wink:

I did, the only thing that could secure it well is comply foam which makes the upper frequency suffers. Very thin mid - which is a big no no... that 4K drop is not a joke

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #52,879 of 63,643
Yup, get the KBEAR Lark 4k while you still can. You can get them trough Amazon, the only way at the moment I think.

I will pass, lol, just got KBear Believe, it's coming...

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #52,880 of 63,643
I think it's "interesting" that KZ have decided to experiment with tuning DDs as if they are BAs and developing BAs for a more DD-like presentation. It will be something very interesting or it will be completely disastrous.

Yes, very interesting (and refreshing frankly).

KZ has an established history of multiple DDs - ZS1 v1, ZS1 v2, ZS2, ZN1, ZN1 Mini, ZSE (and probably a few more that I don’t remember).

In fact, the original ZS1 v1, with its brass tuning ring and passive crossover network, is the best dynamic-only earphone KZ has ever made IMO. To this day it remains at the top of my list of all time favorite KZs.

I don’t believe they’re just experimenting and stumbling around in the dark with this new model. They’ve been doing dynamics years before they ever did their first hybrid or all-BA.

I have a good feeling in my bones that this new model may be the long awaited replacement to the ZS1 v1. I am going to wait for more technical details to be released, but I plan to buy this new model the minute it’s available. And that is coming from someone who has skipped most of their recent releases (ASF, ASX, ZSX, etc etc).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #52,881 of 63,643
I listen to primarily jazz trio music now, which has a lot of piano, drums and double bass. Currently enjoying Tingvall Trio or Gogo Penguin.
The V90 in your list of IEMs is, in my opinion, a more well-rounded IEM that works well with a lot of genres. You may be able to hear some of the differences in how cymbals and drums sound in this type of music or really any, though it's more apparent in music with a lot of snare or cymbals. The V90, though, kind of exaggerates treble a bit too much in my opinion.
I think I must be the KZ target market. :)
Tingvall Trio sounds good to me on ASF; sounds good on V90. I don't think I'm cut out for the earphone reviewing business.

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #52,882 of 63,643
For me, aesthetically, it looks nice, but ergonomically its not the best. My right ear lobe starting to hurt when I use my ASX/ASF. It is better now, but still I could do without the lip. If I don’t love the sound of ASX/ASF, I would most likely returned it. The short and narrow nozzle hasn't give me any problem.

For me it was my left ear that was the hardest to fit this new design to, though I have found that with perseverance I have sort of got used to them. Now I can use them for a couple of hours before I must give my ears a short rest period from them.

But, on the plus side for me, the fit is really solid. These just hug tight and never get loose.

Though, because of the risk of pain I wouldn't sleep with these.

Given that human ears vary considerably in size and shape, I think they are a bad design for a universal IEM. If they don't fit they never will.

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #52,884 of 63,643
Does the ASF and ASX have the same shell as the ZSX? I wonder what it is about this new shell that is causing so many fitment complaints? Is the nozzle too short?
The shell is rather similar to CA16, the same narrow nozzle and TWS-like seams, only ASX shell (on the left) is larger with a definitely more intruding tail.
16066629266575747357468635428559.jpg

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #52,886 of 63,643
The shell is rather similar to CA16, the same narrow nozzle and TWS-like seams, only ASX shell (on the left) is larger with a definitely more intruding tail.16066629266575747357468635428559.jpg.

Ah, ok. Yeah I don’t really like the fit of the CA16. The nozzle sucks. If KZ used the same nozzle as the ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, CCA C10 etc, it would fit much better.

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #52,887 of 63,643
I will pass, lol, just got KBear Believe, it's coming...
If you've got one of those coming I can get skipping the Lark.

I'm interested in the Believe as well but seeing as most people are only getting their hands on them now, I'm waiting for more reviews before deciding whether or not to get them. Got the Moondrop Starfield and Shuoer Tape Pro on my short list already.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #52,888 of 63,643
If you've got one of those coming I can get skipping the Lark.

I'm interested in the Believe as well but seeing as most people are only getting their hands on them now, I'm waiting for more reviews before deciding whether or not to get them. Got the Moondrop Starfield and Shuoer Tape Pro on my short list already.

yupe waiting for mine, using BTR5 for my DAC, hopefully it's enough power to power this little one...

I might have to buy 2.5mm silver plated cable for it.

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #52,890 of 63,643

Users who are viewing this thread

Back