Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 4, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #51,496 of 63,802
I wish I could handle the shrills from ZAX.... I am treble sensitive.

Have you tried Spinfit CP800? it extends the treble in CA16.

i used Comply Foam for ZAX to tone done the treble, but it is so uncomfortable
Very good points.

Tips can make a huge difference for fit, seal and tuning.

I do have my "drawer" of tips. :)

Having some technical experience with woodwind acoustic, especially clarinet barrels (talk about weird collections...), my preferred way way with the tips is to restrict minimally at the tips using wide bores, such as Spiral dots and similar.

I found for the narrow tip bores, the insertion depth starts to matter more (what is observed in measurements with couplers), so it is more sensitive in how it works.

Foam tips do not bode well with me.

Listening volumes also matter, as it was noted here.
I listen at low volumes, so treble is more tolerable (the Fletcher–Munson curves) and ZAX is more preferable to CA16.
At higher volumes it can be reversed. (My model case is Final E3000 - at my usual listening volumes, it is all about midbass... But then trying higher volumes, I can at least appreciate what others like about E3000 :))

CA16 is definitely appreciably dampened by some filters based on its sensitivity values compared to ZAX and other KZ/CCA.

If treble is too much, it is always possible to dampen it with different foams - this site is a great resource for a practical advice on such DIY projects.:clap:

Dampening to your tastes is always easiee than to " undampen", IMO.

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #51,497 of 63,802
A question for KZ fans with some TWS experience:

What would be a better investment: ZSX\ZS10 pro\ASF(?) + TRN BT20 adapter OR a highly regarded TWS set like Fiil F1XS ?
The zax, zsx, zs10pro + bt20s will be better sound wise. With the pro version, the features and connection is more of a tws than the previous model.
20201003_215151.jpg

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #51,498 of 63,802
Definitely option 1 for me (BT adapter with IEM). For a few reasons:
1) Better sound quality than real TWS.
2) Preserves the sound signature of the IEM u are familiar with.
3) Even if BT tech is outdated, you can reuse the IEM and get a new dongle.
4) TWS sets will sooner or later have less battery life with repeated charge cycles and like point 3, at least u can reuse the IEM and find a new BT adapter.

YMMV as usual.

Thanks, but notice ive talked about TRN BT20 and not the KZ BT adapter (with the cable).

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #51,499 of 63,802
The zax, zsx, zs10pro + bt20s will be better sound wise. With the pro version, the features and connection is more of a tws than the previous model.
20201003_215151.jpg

The BT20 pro price is almost triple that of the original BT20.
Your answer was what i already guessed. All those TWS under 50$ don't look like they can compete with multi BA KZs.

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #51,500 of 63,802
The BT20 pro price is almost triple that of the original BT20.
Your answer was what i already guessed. All those TWS under 50$ don't look like they can compete with multi BA KZs.
Even the $100+ tws can't compete with real IEM like ZSX/ZAX, but they do sound good. My favorite is Nuarl N6pro which is around $160 and it is considered as one of top tier for sound quality in TWS world, despite that, still can't beat ZS10 pro in sound department. I mean for portable use (in train, subway, bus, metro walkway, etc) you can't hear all the details from high end IEM anyway. That is why I use my Samsung GBuds live for outdoor and ZAX + bt20s pro at home.
Even with ZAX that cost me $70 on amazon (if you want fast delivery, it is cheaper from Ali at $58) and trn bt20s pro at $80 at amazon (again cheaper on Ali), this combo still cost me less than the Nuarl N6p.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #51,501 of 63,802
Are these both the trn bt20S? For the zsx/zax should it be the 0.75 or 0.78? Just wanna make sure. And do you recommend them?

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #51,503 of 63,802
Are these both the trn bt20S? For the zsx/zax should it be the 0.75 or 0.78? Just wanna make sure. And do you recommend them?
Both are the trn bt20s PRO. For the ZSX/ZAX, buy the .75mm-S 2pin connector. If you see in my picture, the matte black one has the regular 2pin connector where the silver one has the S 2pin connector which cover the whole plastic part of the ZAX. It is more secure and less risk of cracking those plastic part on the 2pin connector.
Here is the model if you order in Ali:
Screenshot_20201003-215421_AliExpress.jpg

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #51,504 of 63,802
Both are the trn bt20s PRO. For the ZSX/ZAX, buy the .75mm-S 2pin connector. If you see in my picture, the matte black one has the regular 2pin connector where the silver one has the S 2pin connector which cover the whole plastic part of the ZAX. It is more secure and less risk of cracking those plastic part on the 2pin connector.
Here is the model if you order in Ali:
Got it and thanks!

Oct 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #51,505 of 63,802
For what's its worth, tws are more comfortable than a trn bt20 and an iem especially if you wear glasses and a mask. I use tws sets far more than my trn bt20, which is almost pemantly attached to a an iem that cannot be named here. I think all but the new ones would damage the kz type c connectors too. Which is a consideration.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #51,506 of 63,802
They are in my Aliexpress cart. Just waiting for the 11/11 sale to snag this set. Thanks for your comments and recommendations. I think I'm in!

AliExpress takes forever. I bought them from LINSOUL and they were at my door in 9 days.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #51,507 of 63,802
20201003_215151.jpg

Nice to see you got the pro version. Just ordered mines a week ago, though I wish I had waited it out a bit more as right after buying it for CAD $74, another listing brought it down to $60 with coupons.

I've owned like 5 pairs of BT20/BT20S, and each pair ended up breaking eventually at the connector. Hopefully the Pro can fix this, as it now features detachable connectors.

Literally cannot live without a bluetooth adapter, it just takes my TOTL IEMs to the next level.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #51,508 of 63,802
For what's its worth, tws are more comfortable than a trn bt20 and an iem especially if you wear glasses and a mask. I use tws sets far more than my trn bt20, which is almost pemantly attached to a an iem that cannot be named here. I think all but the new ones would damage the kz type c connectors too. Which is a consideration.

It may be more comfortable, but I've heard that TWS earbuds (the ones without any sort of stem or hook) are more prone to falling out of some people's ears.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #51,509 of 63,802
Thanks, I just ordered BTS20 Pro from TRN global store, they have $10 off, bring the total down to $60.

I also got a pure silver cable from TRN and the new TRN V90s, damn it... gotta stop this binge buy...... I guess that's fine, Xmas is coming anyway.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #51,510 of 63,802
Even the $100+ tws can't compete with real IEM like ZSX/ZAX, but they do sound good. My favorite is Nuarl N6pro which is around $160 and it is considered as one of top tier for sound quality in TWS world, despite that, still can't beat ZS10 pro in sound department. I mean for portable use (in train, subway, bus, metro walkway, etc) you can't hear all the details from high end IEM anyway. That is why I use my Samsung GBuds live for outdoor and ZAX + bt20s pro at home.
Even with ZAX that cost me $70 on amazon (if you want fast delivery, it is cheaper from Ali at $58) and trn bt20s pro at $80 at amazon (again cheaper on Ali), this combo still cost me less than the Nuarl N6p.

Wow, i feel like this post saved me time,money and future disappointment! thanks.

I'm suppose to get the "Alien Secret Predator QCC010" soon, those got 5/5 ratings by Scarbir. I think those things will give me a baseline of what to expect from U/50$ TWS and i will go from there.

Please remember me if you get the Fiil T1XS\ T1Pro. I would like to know how those stack up against KZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back