Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #50,881 of 63,674
That's an IRL pic:
EgvUL7PU4AI49CZ.jpg

Zoom in:
opera_2020-09-02_23-52-43.png

It doesn't look fake "vents" to me.
Damn! I just bought the new CCA C10 PRO and a replacement ZS10 PRO (which sadly died recently in the left channel), along with a couple of upgrade cables. Now I want this also. Oh well...11/11 sale coming soon. Might be an early Christmas gift for me.

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #50,883 of 63,674
Sep 4, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #50,884 of 63,674
Sep 4, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #50,885 of 63,674
I posted here about a bad experience with my ZSXs awhile back, where the right dynamic driver blew after only a few weeks and started producing loud distortion.

I just wanted to say that I resolved the issue, in case anyone is reading this thread in the future and wonders about KZ's customer service.

I contacted KZ through their official store on AliExpress and they requested a video of the issue. The buzzing was audible in my clip, so they sent me a new right IEM free of charge. The replacement arrived last week.

Nice. Seems that their customer service is on-point.

I missed these. Electronic music sounds eargasmic on them.

I had a left side of their first bluetooth venture (forgot its model #) go bad and they sent me another single IEM. As long as you order from the official KZ store, it seems their customer service is A+.

Sep 4, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #50,886 of 63,674
Anyone have any experience with the CCA bluetooth iem's? The port on the side looks like a mic port and if they were able to make a usable good quality mic for phone calls, I'd be intriged.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #50,887 of 63,674
I will be getting a black ZAX so I will post pictures whenever I get one. The blue looks a little cheap and I like the more subtle black variant.

I also almost grab the black knight zsn pro X

Lucky (or hated moves) KZ release ZAX in similar color just a few weeks after. More interested in ZAX due semi open back (if true) and driver configs.
Gonna grab the black ZAX as well as soon as real user here confirmed if they have real semi open back with large vents.

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #50,889 of 63,674
Sep 5, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #50,890 of 63,674
I screen Capture the FR graph from him, credit to BGGAR of course..

Left is ZAX, Right red line is BL-05, blue is BL-03.. seems like ZAX tuned similar to BL-05, that spike resonance peak and over 8khz, just perceived as air, large soundstage. Umm.. ill wait FR comparison with ZSX since he don't have one, maybe wait for others.
BGGAR ZAX & BL03 05.jpg

Black Knight Shell looks awesome though

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #50,891 of 63,674
I screen Capture the FR graph from him, credit to BGGAR of course..

Left is ZAX, Right red line is BL-05, blue is BL-03.. seems like ZAX tuned similar to BL-05, that spike resonance peak and over 8khz, just perceived as air, large soundstage. Umm.. ill wait FR comparison with ZSX since he don't have one, maybe wait for others.
BGGAR ZAX & BL03 05.jpg

Black Knight Shell looks awesome though

Hard to compare graphs for single DDs like the BL-03 and BL-05 to hybrids/multi BAs like ZAX though. There's gonna be a lot of stuff that we can't glean from the graphs such as bass decay, transients, details, instrument separation, timbre, imaging etc.

But if that's the case for the FR, I think I might give the ZAX a miss, the BL-05 was a bit too hot in the upper mids/treble for me.

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #50,892 of 63,674
Hard to compare graphs for single DDs like the BL-03 and BL-05 to hybrids/multi BAs like ZAX though. There's gonna be a lot of stuff that we can't glean from the graphs such as bass decay, transients, details, instrument separation, timbre, imaging etc.

But if that's the case for the FR, I think I might give the ZAX a miss, the BL-05 was a bit too hot in the upper mids/treble for me.

yeah of course, i mean i just grab them meant for signature comparison. Of course technically the ZAX will be better, even ZSX is better than BL03.
But tuning and timbre is better on BL03

Edit : I was going to compare the ZAX with ZSX but BGGAR dont have ZSX graph, and i just found BL-05/03 graph from him

ZSX.jpg
This is the ZSX from Crin, cant compare directly as they are not from same rig and have differences, not calibrated to look similar.

But from my observation, looks like they sounded similarly, with ZAX maybe have larger stage and more airy.

Let's wait then

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #50,894 of 63,674
I don't understand how it's physically possible for a vent to "not be functional". If there's a hole in the shell, it's going to leak sound and open up the headphone. What more is there to talk about?

I think it's a question of whether the vent is over a piece of solid translucent plastic or whether it's over an opening into the shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back